Hands-on with Pentax K-r :)

just a quick snapshot taken because i couldn't coax the cat out of the basket... :) i didn't want to keep it, but just to showcase capabilities of the k-r to retain detail even under low light conditions.

iso3200, f/2.4, 1/30 second, with the 50mm f/1.4. no post processing done whatsoever.

full pic:
catbasket.jpg

100% crop:
cateyecrop.jpg

will post up more low light cat photos soon. :)

eh jus curious, was this done w NR on?

Hi guys this review has greatly swayed me to getting the KR. may i know the best place to buy this? thinking of getting the white body with kit lens hopefully bundled with 55-200/55-300 as well.

=)

Some nice photos you got with the Pentax K-r mate. :)

hi, i used pentax k-r's multiexposure mode to smooth out the waters. think 9 x 10 second exposure, single frame, cropped to pano. f/11, iso100.

Thanks. Just tried the multi-exposure yesterday (not sunset), can't get the silky effect on the water. Guess I need to practice more and also to get a remote.

Thanks. Just tried the multi-exposure yesterday (not sunset), can't get the silky effect on the water. Guess I need to practice more and also to get a remote.

hi, you need to do it sufficiently long.

what sort of exposure timings were you looking at?

if you do 9 x 1/90 second, it won't help much, i'm afraid.

hi, you need to do it sufficiently long.

what sort of exposure timings were you looking at?

if you do 9 x 1/90 second, it won't help much, i'm afraid.

Think it was something like that :embrass: Will try again when I have the chance. Thanks for the advice.

eeerrrmm okok saw TS post pics and was nice and good, hear someone posted saw KR or KX at sitex 699 and 599 but now if I go emjay and buy whats the price? I tried to email emjay but somehow the email address column cannot get thru so I cannot send my enquiries

Hi all, I just got my k-r and its my first DSLR too.

Would like to ask you guys if its normal to feel that something is loose within the body when i tilt my kr body left and right gently.. think i might have got a faulty one... just wanted to double check.

Hi all, I just got my k-r and its my first DSLR too.

Would like to ask you guys if its normal to feel that something is loose within the body when i tilt my kr body left and right gently.. think i might have got a faulty one... just wanted to double check.

That's the sensor moving, it's normal because of the SR system. Don't worry about it.

Thanks! was a lil worried coz i didnt get mine in singapore.