[Hak] Mount Rinjani, July 2014

This shot of the sun rising from behind Mount Rinjani was taken from Gili Air, where we spent 2 days at after the trek just to rest and relax by the beach. I only had my UWA and 85mm prime with me, and I wanted a closer shot when the 'egg yolk' started to rise up, so I did a pano using the 85mm.

Overcloud Camping

Spent the 2nd night at Sembalun Crater Rim before the ultimate summit climb. It was pretty crowded as everyone camped here before heading for the summit in the middle of the night.

Good Night

Here's another Milky Way shot, taken on Day 2 at Sembalun Crater Rim.

Breath Taking, great shot ! :thumbsup: !

Milkybow

Thanks to the fatigue after more than 10 hours of trekking in a day, I quickly took some night shots and this pano (which itself took about 10 mins) before my body finally gave up and I went back to the tent to sleep. As a result, I didn't check the photos to realise that a significant amount of the Milky Way was chopped off. The limited space at the campsite also meant that I had little space to find a better angle.

Into the wilderness

Right after the sun disappeared below the horizon, we packed up our gears to make our way to our camp site further down since this current camp site (with a better view) was already full. As we moved off, the sky was still glowing strongly.

Waiting for more great shots.