Hafeet Mountain, in Al Ain, U.A.E.

Status
Not open for further replies.

lifegauge

Feb 19, 2009
We live in Dubai, and took a 2 hour drive to Al Ain (south of Dubai) the other weekend. Hot springs, mountains, green grasses... those are heavenly pleasures in a place like the United Arab Emirates. Climbed up a steep hill in our slippers (dangerous, don't try this at home;)) and finally got to a place high enough for some photography. The sun was setting so it became a little difficult to meter... remembered what I read about HDR and decided "heck, let's try it this time!" and here's what I managed to come up with:

egye0i.jpg

Hmm... with HDR the details in the sky should show up more. Maybe could tweek the curves a little more?

Btw, welcome to Clubsnap and thanks for sharing. :)

Hey thanks for the tips... I think you're right about the sky! Let me go back and try that :D

how did you do your hdr?

the mass of white in between the blue at the top and the mountain at the bottom seems to be a result of blown outs, but can't say for sure. do you have the various resized ev photos? if you post them up here, i can try to advise on how to go about doing it, and play with it.

Hey, thanks for the comments nightmare. When I get back home I will pull out the various resized ev photos and post it here for all to play with. Thanks :)

Hi guys ... here are the 3 images with various exposures, I know they're not perfect for HDR composition but well, worth a shot! Have fun with your HDR experiments ;)

svggfn.jpg
1smie1.jpg
20f71us.jpg

Hey Nightmare, the image link is broken - want to reupload? :D

Oh I see ... Flickr.com is banned ... one of the things I love about Dubai :)
(flicks vpn on)

Hey I see it now ... the sky is done really nicely. Why is there so much noise? Or is it just my monitor ... :D

i am not sure, i don't see any noise on mine.. :) just calibrated it.

lifegauge.jpg

i took the middle exposure and lightened the lower part, slightly brightening the middle part.

Nice zoossh... maybe can increase the contrast? Hmm ...

Status
Not open for further replies.