Gypsy child thieves

gossipmonger

Feb 10, 2006
Just a heads-up.....

Saturday 20 Feb 2010, 2305hr BBC 13 (on Starhub Cable TV) 'Gypsy Child Thieves'

I just watched the morning telecast of this very insightful and helpful documentary on how they operate.

I believe those planning a trip to Europe for the first time ever will find this documentary beneficial; and prepare you and your travel partners mentally and physically for the dangers that might lurk ahead.

Travel safe!

yeah , they are common in Italian Cities such as Rome, Milan and those eastern European countries

Yep, my wallet got lifted before in Rome on board a bus I was taking to the Vatican City by a scruffy teenage girl. You can never be to careful there.

You can't tell whether they are gypsy or locals, or at least I can't tell. They look like any other Caucasian kid to me.

Fortunately for me, I caught her red handed (she was still holding on to my wallet and did not manage to pass it to her accomplice) and managed to retrieve my wallet with my contents intact.

They are really good ..... didn't feel my wallet being lifted but was fortunately alert to other suspicious behaviour.

Good grief....these children thieves are still being exploited.

When my wife and I went to Europe for our honeymoon in 1992, we were warned by our tour guide to look out for gypsy children while we were in Italy.

True enough, when we alighted from the tour coach in Rome, we were approached by hoards of children begging for money.

Some of them tried to pick one of the ladies' handbag, but luckily for her, someone spotted the children reaching for her wallet in the handbag and alerted her. As they were only children, the lady decided to let the matter rest. I don't think anyone will hesitate to bring an adult to the police. The gypsies knew that people are generally more forgiving towards children and therefore exploited the children to steal.

Even at the borders, the Italian police were singling out some of the gypsy's car and started to dismantle the door panels to check for contraband items. Too bad I didn't take any photos of that last time....still using film and didn't wanna waste film.

It's sad to see that despite almost 20 yrs, their situation hasn't improved at all.

Those *******s who exploited the kids are living it up back home. Look at the houses they built for themselves back in Romania. The poor children are never going to get an education and will live a life of crime. Europe will also be less safe. Just look at how blatantly bold these kids are. I cannot imagine what they will do when they grow up. It is a vicious cycle. All because of some lazy *******s who are too lazy to go get a decent job. EU should go all out to eradicate this issue and put to death the very perpetrator who heads these sydicates and confiscate their wealth to fund these childrens' reform.

God help these kids if anyone of them gets caught.......in China.

I have seen with my own eyes in Guanzhou where a little kid no more than 9 or 10 years old got slammed against wall, brutally kicked, punched and whacked until foaming from mouth and bleeding from ears ..... unconsious and looked almost dead after he had ALREADY given up the wallet that he had pickpocketed.

Last edited:
God help these kids if anyone of them gets caught.......in China.

I have seen with my own eyes in Guanzhou where a little kid no more than 9 or 10 years old got slammed against wall, brutally kicked, punched and whacked until foaming from mouth and bleeding from ears ..... unconsious and looked almost dead after he had ALREADY given up the wallet that he had pickpocketed.

Most of the time these children are either orphans or kidnapped, poor things, different countries, different culture backgrounds response to these issues differently. Theres nothing we can do seriously, there are too many unfortunate people to help, just help as u go, thats the best we can provide for the society i guess.... :cry:

Its the same kind of syndicate that is in India, just watch slumdog milionaires for example, truthfully, we're all too apathetic to do anything about it. Why waste time helping others when we can use the time to shoot photos...... Sad but true.....

how does one reform the gypsy psyche that's 1000 years old? all the govts and NGOs can offer the gypsies an alternative lifestyle to their culture of nomadism and theft.... but only they, themselves can make the change.

work is a concept alien to them.

in the documentary, what is said by the deputy mayor of Milan might be construed as 'racist', but there seems to be a lot of truth in it.

In China, the Xingjiang children pickpockets are infamous all over the country. A friend of mine warned a unsuspecting target once. And later, a bunch of teenage kids started tailing my friend with knives. Lucky he got into an empty cab real quick and got away. All these happened at a very famous,very touristy, very bright,very crowded food street in Wangfujing.

Last edited:
who say that earth is safe??....that person must have been living in Mars....

Perhaps the most ironic thing, is that the Roma come from N. India... They migrated from there over a thousand years ago. You can see the genetic lineage, in part because they rarely mingle with the locals.