Guys. The Fuji F11 is here!

Status
Not open for further replies.
cathay photos quote me $560 bundle with 512xd card, i wonder whats the bundle comes with, is this a good deal?:D waiting for mscolor quote

TiOnGSquare said:
cathay photos quote me $560 bundle with 512xd card, i wonder whats the bundle comes with, is this a good deal?:D waiting for mscolor quote
I think is a very good deal from CP. Is this inclusive of GST? A month ago they won't bundle the 512MB for me.

I think CP price is without GST.. so must add in GST...

650 with 512M card? That is a bad deal! I got it at $650 with 1G xdcard and other freebies!

chtan said:
650 with 512M card? That is a bad deal! I got it at $650 with 1G xdcard and other freebies!

Huh? Who are you talking to, or did you see wrongly...?

Just brought my camera for $595 at Parisilk Bedok... I know its more expensive but since I live in Tampines, the time and transport cost saved is worth the extra $10. =)

I love this tiny little camera... my Nikon is sulking somewhere now since I always carry my F11 almost everywhere. Macro at F2.8 is delicious.

dawgbyte77 said:
Just brought my camera for $595 at Parisilk Bedok...

Sorry to sound like an English teacher, but it's for your good.

BROUGHT is the past tense of BRING
BOUGHT is the past tense of BUY

ultrazoom said:
Huh? Who are you talking to, or did you see wrongly...?

i thought i saw 650. haha...nevermind, either my eyes see wrongly or the post had been corrected ;p

I just asked price this evening at these places:
Cathy: 599
Some small shop near Cathy: 580
John 3:16: 640
A big shop in 3rd floor in funan near outside escalator: $649 with 2nd Battery(2700mAh)
Bally Photo: 590
All above include GST and mini-tripod, pouch, 512MB xD

Thus, I will go down tomorrow. and will choose Chathy if no one can give me better choice.

and I am very curious why not a xD CardReader with the package. :)

zhb said:
I just asked price this evening at these places:
Cathy: 599
Some small shop near Cathy: 580
John 3:16: 640
A big shop in 3rd floor in funan near outside escalator: $649 with 2nd Battery(2700mAh)
Bally Photo: 590
All above include GST and mini-tripod, pouch, 512MB xD

Thus, I will go down tomorrow. and will choose Chathy if no one can give me better choice.

and I am very curious why not a xD CardReader with the package. :)

Just FYI: Some XD card are Type M (or some other letter)... This is the new multi-layer thing (old format cannot go beyond 512MB) and my old 15-in-1 USB Card Reader cannot read this new XD format. So take note if you do plan to buy a reader.

dawgbyte77 said:
Just FYI: Some XD card are Type M (or some other letter)... This is the new multi-layer thing (old format cannot go beyond 512MB) and my old 15-in-1 USB Card Reader cannot read this new XD format. So take note if you do plan to buy a reader.

thanks for your information, bro. But I am afraid most of xD cards in the market are type M, right?

And another thing, ebay's F11 from HK are just S$400++

zhb said:
thanks for your information, bro. But I am afraid most of xD cards in the market are type M, right?

And another thing, ebay's F11 from HK are just S$400++

... The last time I bought my XD was almost 2 years ago and its not M... and my card reader can't take M... so I was surprised... but I guess you're right since 256 is considered small nowadays. =)

dawgbyte77 said:
... The last time I bought my XD was almost 2 years ago and its not M... and my card reader can't take M... so I was surprised... but I guess you're right since 256 is considered small nowadays. =)

My Card reader seem no xD card supported although it claims that is 14 in 1. (Apacer MGA20, bought last July in Canada)
It only support SM, CF/MD, SD/MMC, RS-MMC, mini-SD, MS/MSPRO, MSDUO/MSPRO DUO.

I will choose 512MB because 256 is too small. ;)

Isn't it easier just to plug in the F11 to the computer using the USB 2.0 cable rather than take the card out, use the reader and put the card back in?

StreetShooter said:
Isn't it easier just to plug in the F11 to the computer using the USB 2.0 cable rather than take the card out, use the reader and put the card back in?

you first need to connect a dongle to the f11 if you want to do that - might stress the one and only port on the cam. i think better to use card reader.

StreetShooter said:
i always do that for my F10. i only have a CF card reader.

Just ask the best price of Cathy photo, it is S$582 by Cash/Nets for F11 with standard package

Kevin said:
BUY BUY BUY :thumbsup:

Just Bought it. No time to check dead pixel in shop, so told the seller I would check it at home and if has problem, can change. This save me time and save seller time.
Now one thing strange: The AF light is green color, is this normal?
Because My canon G1's AF light is white color.

thanks for help, guys.

Status
Not open for further replies.