Guy who change camera at super-speed!

Status
Not open for further replies.
madmacs said:
for some of us photograhy about capturing memories. for others it is the quest for that ideal shot. for yet others it could be just a way to express themselves thru photo art. for jack the leica is art in itself - no need for film. just the cocking of the shutter and the pressing of the shutter release is enough to send a rush thru him that the rest of us may not understand.

damn..am i starting to sound like a shrink? ;p
Not really, you sound like saying he seems to get an orgasm by turning the film advance lever and pressing the shutter...

hey stereobox, nice to see you again.

Just occured to me, just replace the word 'leica' with 'dslr' and alot of you will see that similiarities between a hell lot of you and him. SO there, there's no crime. If you got the money, good for you. I got no comment, in spite of my feelings.

there is don't need to tell the author of the thread to get a life, or to tell this person to get a life. The fact remains, we get what we desire, we are no different from that.

Of course sometimes people literally throw money in the bins, and won't get what outstanding photos they want. But hey, that's their life, and that's probably good for me and you, as they give us a reason to stay in this line and be active. Unless one wants to be an instructor or a more degraded form known as a kaypoh and measle them on their shortcomings (in which frankly they are no better).

Thing is, as been re iterated so many times before, it is the man behind the lens, not the lens behind the man.

Let's not advice people how to get on with their lives, unless they dangle on the cliff's edge of oblivion.

nickmak said:
Not really, you sound like saying he seems to get an orgasm by turning the film advance lever and pressing the shutter...

was trying not to be so explicit since there are minors around ;)

Wisp said:
hey stereobox, nice to see you again.

Just occured to me, just replace the word 'leica' with 'dslr' and alot of you will see that similiarities between a hell lot of you and him. SO there, there's no crime. If you got the money, good for you. I got no comment, in spite of my feelings.

there is don't need to tell the author of the thread to get a life, or to tell this person to get a life. The fact remains, we get what we desire, we are no different from that.

Of course sometimes people literally throw money in the bins, and won't get what outstanding photos they want. But hey, that's their life, and that's probably good for me and you, as they give us a reason to stay in this line and be active. Unless one wants to be an instructor or a more degraded form known as a kaypoh and measle them on their shortcomings (in which frankly they are no better).

Thing is, as been re iterated so many times before, it is the man behind the lens, not the lens behind the man.

Let's not advice people how to get on with their lives, unless they dangle on the cliff's edge of oblivion.

Well said, well said. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

If he's more of a collector of cameras, then we'll just have to respect him for that... why impose our standard and expectation on others?

In every field of interests, there're bound to be such kind of people... I know of pple whose guitar skills are not that fantastic, but simply loves to collect vintage guitars... and of course there are pple who collect antique furnitures as well... does that mean that they've got to be great carpenters?
;)

kana sai i read ur title i tot u meant "Guy who change camera lens at super speed". then i faster want to read coz my lens changing method damn slow an someitmes also make the lens drop on the floor.. so far heng heng no such thing.

this guy quite normal lah.
i osso not say damn good at taking photo, but still love to buy new and better gear like my d70. i dun think i can even max out a point and shoot consumer digicam yet i buy new gear like my d70. i never even max out kit lens, i oredi buy 28-75 tamron coz its supposedly "sharper".

then i buy flash coz supposedly its super high tech one.

all in all im no different from ur friend, instead of charkuaytiao i like to to take pics of my computer monitor coz im damn lazy to go out and shoot.

i juts bought a 60mm micro, and took a shot of my computer monitor. :thumbsup: super sharp, can see the RGB portions of each pixel!

hahahaha as long as he is happy relax lor...

pple buy ferrari for wat? not like they can even use 20% of the power... but its nice to own something knowing that it is better than 99.9% the others...

if can afford why not?

marican said:
kana sai i read ur title i tot u meant "Guy who change camera lens at super speed".

yah lor me also. :what:

hehe, actually many of us are a bit like that lah, part of the fun of photography is the pictures, but it's also fun to BUY BUY BUY right? (hehe, i mean, what does SEED stand for?)

but the leica fella also too extreme lah. wish i got that kind of money to throw around. i can't even change battery as fast as he change camera.

i thikn he change camera faster than i change underwear.

I change underwear once a week.

How bout other bros?

:bsmilie: :bsmilie: :bsmilie:

marican said:
i thikn he change camera faster than i change underwear.

I change underwear once a week.

How bout other bros?

:bsmilie: :bsmilie: :bsmilie:

good grief! underwear expensive ah? :eek: :thumbsd:

i collect toys, action figures, surely kids will not come up and screem at me, PLAY WITH YOUR TOYS, THEY ARE MEANT TO BE PLAYED, NOT COLLECTED!

i had a great childhood, having to play with toys until about 15 years old, i had enough, i collect them for now, collect the ones i had on my yesteryears.

One of my friend shuddlers when i got married 2 years ago, he is a sammyboy regular and could not fathom why i will settle for one woman when he can have women and personal time and space and unlike him, i spend all the money on toys and cameras...

XXX, let your friend be, if he is happy, be happy for him.
:)

gosh! reading this thread is making me laugh non-stop!! :p hahahaha from crazy empty kuay teow plate to orgasm... lol! this thread has everything - even a guy who has a compulsion to spend spend spend on LEICA cameras! Wah Lao!! Gimme la :p hahaha

This is a screwy thread.
must everybody keep making statements?

Wisp said:
This is a screwy thread.
must everybody keep making statements?
This is a public forum afterall.

I didn't realise this thread was about a guy who changes/collects Leicas and actually during my 2nd year at Poly, I knew of a visiting lecturer who collect cameras but doesn't practice photography at all. I asked him why the passion for collecting cameras and he told me everytime he bought a new camera, he will somehow feel very excited and the sight of his cabinet filled with cameras is unexplainable. Once in a while, he will take out the cameras, clean and polish them until they are all bright and shiny, then put them back. He even custom made at cabinet just for them.

Aiyah, collecting cameras no big deal lah. Let them be man, as long they are not doing illegal things to maintain their hobby.

Just my 2 yen worth. ;)

Regards,
-Michelle- :D

mich_2103 said:
This is a public forum afterall.

I didn't realise this thread was about a guy who changes/collects Leicas and actually during my 2nd year at Poly, I knew of a visiting lecturer who collect cameras but doesn't practice photography at all. I asked him why the passion for collecting cameras and he told me everytime he bought a new camera, he will somehow feel very excited and the sight of his cabinet filled with cameras is unexplainable. Once in a while, he will take out the cameras, clean and polish them until they are all bright and shiny, then put them back. He even custom made at cabinet just for them.

Aiyah, collecting cameras no big deal lah. Let them be man, as long they are not doing illegal things to maintain their hobby.

Just my 2 yen worth. ;)

Regards,
-Michelle- :D

You know.....the Sultan of Brunei not only drives but collects Ferraris! He has 4 F50s at the last count. At least 2 other models are custom made by Ferrari for him. I dun see whats wrong with collecting cameras. :)

mich_2103 said:
.....Aiyah, collecting cameras no big deal lah. Let them be man, as long they are not doing illegal things to maintain their hobby.

Some countries have banned people from collecting cameras. Because it has incited riots and looting among the impoverished point-&-shoot mods.

marican said:
all in all im no different from ur friend, instead of charkuaytiao i like to to take pics of my computer monitor coz im damn lazy to go out and shoot.

hahhah i tot i'm the only lazy one here! you too?! haha i snap my room as well.. other then my monitor :p :bsmilie: :bsmilie:

Status
Not open for further replies.