Gunman Shot Dead At Least 27, 20 Young Children

cks2k2 said:
MAD (mutual assured destruction) theory only works if all players are rational.
Unfortunately...

Well it is rational actually, whts lacking is trust..And rightly so

If I arrange to meet you in a knife fight to the death, and you know I have access to guns, will you just leave yours at home?..:)

Guess its same with nuclear weapons, I say will destroy all, do you believe me?

they should just ban all media, press, people from leaking or mentioning about these sadistic gunmen. Just talk about the event, the victims, NOT the gunmen. Offenders may get jail time? publishers may get suspension? It's time for the press and the people to treat these gunmen not as temporary spotlight idols but as what they truly are, ignored pieces of trash. A you-don't-even-need-to-know-who. My two cents.
That'll be infringing on their first amendment, if you think Americans are anal and touchy over the second amendment try upsetting on their 1A.

Million are killed in many parts of the world.

Well it is rational actually, whts lacking is trust..And rightly so

If I arrange to meet you in a knife fight to the death, and you know I have access to guns, will you just leave yours at home?..:)

Guess its same with nuclear weapons, I say will destroy all, do you believe me?

Rational in that: Country A doesn't dare to nuke Country B, cos the first strike can't KO Country B, and Country B can retaliate nuke and hurt A just as much. The rationality is that both A and B don't want to die/suffer. MAD fails when you have irrational players like Iran/NKorea.

Well, the US had nukes. Didn't (well, almost) use it in Vietnam.
And we have SALT/START and other stuff to limit nukes.