Guinea pigs

Status
Not open for further replies.

st11x

Jan 12, 2004
Canberra,Australia
Anyone keeps Guinea pigs or cavies as pets? I know when I was in Singapore, it's quite unheard of ... only hamsters come close.

No they are not for testing the newly launch lipstick, but some people do eat them in South America.

Have a peek at mine if you have nothing much to occupy you on a lazy Friday afternoon.

http://www.users.on.net/mattlek/piggies/index.html

Cute aren't they?

Matt

Saw some of them at Pet Kampong in Great World City. I think they are going for something like $3XX bundled togetther with cage, feed etc.

They're not that uncommon here actually. I had several some years back...about slightly more than 10 years ago. They squeak an awful lot...

i used to keep them.

started out with 1 male and 2 females, built them a hutch, bought straw and feed, and in a couple of weeks, both females were pregnant. next thing you know, there are 8 more new additions to the family.

gave up after about a year. donated the whole lot to a pet shop for free. :sweat:

tush said:
Saw some of them at Pet Kampong in Great World City. I think they are going for something like $3XX bundled togetther with cage, feed etc.

Wow, that's a rip off I say.

Yeah they squeal a lot, especially when they get used to you and starts to demand food and stuffs ... pretty cute.

I've got 2 males, was intending to get a female, but had to travel about 300km to get one. Too tiring just thinking about the journey!

guinea pigs are getting quite "in"... i bought the female at 300+, and later found out she was pregnant, so i got 4 for the price of 1.

=D
adore them, but need to keep their hair short and bathe them often in singapore's hot weather.

pigs.jpg

nice to meet a fellow cavy lover, :)

evildolly said:
guinea pigs are getting quite "in"... i bought the female at 300+

Wow, that's really unbelievable! The pet stores sell males for about 10 bucks, females about 16 bucks. The breeders sell the females at about 25 bucks.
Beckham I got it free, Guy I bought for 10 bucks.

It is really expensive in Singapore huh? But congratulations on your new piggies ! They are real bundles of furball joys aren't they ;-)

Matt

Status
Not open for further replies.