Guide To Insect Macro Photography

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Azone.

First have to say that your article clear quite alot of my unknowns on closeup filters and how it work.

Then as i got some answers, i got more new questions. :)

1) If closeup filter somehow "force" your lens to be only able to focus at a fix distance, then what happen when you zoom in or out? Example if i use a 70-200mm zoom lens on a SLR. Do i still able to focus at the same distance or some other distance??

2) You didn't mention anything about Macro lens. So may i know what is the difference between using a closeup filter on a normal zoom lens as compare to using a Macro lens, example 105mm Macro?

Thanks.

Originally posted by serendipity
Hi Azone.

First have to say that your article clear quite alot of my unknowns on closeup filters and how it work.

Then as i got some answers, i got more new questions. :)

1) If closeup filter somehow "force" your lens to be only able to focus at a fix distance, then what happen when you zoom in or out? Example if i use a 70-200mm zoom lens on a SLR. Do i still able to focus at the same distance or some other distance??

2) You didn't mention anything about Macro lens. So may i know what is the difference between using a closeup filter on a normal zoom lens as compare to using a Macro lens, example 105mm Macro?

Thanks.
Hmm.. seems like your qns revolve around a SLR system and its lens. I'm not that good when it comes to SLR, and the article is actually meant for consumer and prosumer digital cams. Qn one will let Megaweb answer you, coz he uses a Canon 500D macro lens on his 70-200mm.

Qn 2 - The Macro lens I referred to are not the 105mm lens SLR type, but rather the HOYA +10, Canon 250D, 500D or Nikon 6T, etc. These have similar characteristics with the close-up filters, but have better quality due to double-lens elements.

Status
Not open for further replies.