Group Exhibition for MF and LF users on CS?

benji77 said:
Since we each have a write up, how and who will vet it? My command of English may not be up to par for public consumption, so maybe we need to find someone to look through it before going to print.

If you guys trust me, I'd be happy to help proof-read. :)

so um, what do we do now?

Guys lets check point by 25th this weekend.

Check point meaning? Can I reconfirm something, are we paying for our own printing and framing costs? Are we printing together or separately (I believe if we all print together we can get some form of bulk discount)?

Yeah we should tie up the loose ends.
I guess I need to have my shot scanned (kgston, how best for you in terms of collecting/scanning/ etc)?
My writeup is done, pending final vet.

How about the guys involved meet up on Sat for kopi/finalise stuff session?

Check point meaning? Can I reconfirm something, are we paying for our own printing and framing costs? Are we printing together or separately (I believe if we all print together we can get some form of bulk discount)?

i think doing the print and frame together will than have a more consistency overall ya?
i do also need help in scanning. but are we still going through any shortlist process by a group of people? or we will decide what we want to print?

Hi guys,

for those who would like me to help out with their introductions,
please email me at philmonyip@gmail.com.

There are two options:
1. Proof-read (correcting grammatical, structural and spelling errors)
2. Re-write (send me all the information you want to include in your write-up and I will synthesize it)

For option two, I take the liberty (and effort) to re-write your introduction.
You can send me the information in point-form and short notes.

As far as possible, I will keep everything short, sweet, catchy and coherent.
I generally try to avoid anything too fanciful, superfluous or high-flown.

If you are writing your own introduction, I suggest you do the same to facilitate your reader's engagement.

Cheers all!

so um, i've emailed in my 10 or so images already. just wondering. do i just go ahead and print one of them out, or else wait for a "selected one" to be chosen first... and then go find a printer for it?

regarding frames, should i just go down to ikea and buy one myself? or is there a group buy in? i'm pretty chill, doing stuff is not an issue. its just... a question of... "what should i do now?"

i hope everyone's well! woo woo!

For scanning, currently I'm having some issues as my scanner broke down and is under repair at Nikon, but that will take at least 2-3 more weeks.. In the meantime, I'm trying to bring in another unit from US, but I suspect that will take at least a week. Even after I get a hold of a scanner, I have to clear up my client's backlog first before I can scan for this project. It really depends on how fast I can get my scanners back.

What I suggest is that get sprewell to vet through your photos first and after you both agree on a picture to exhibit, just pass me the frame you intend to print, and I will scan it for you FOC. This way it helps me reduce my load and I can get the scans to you ASAP for printing. The best way to pass me your films would be to drop them at my drop box over at YourStudio, 336D King George Ave. It a 5 mins walk from Lavender MRT. But wait for me to give the green light for you start dropping your films off.. I don't want to waste your time going down if I cannot get a scanner in time to scan your pictures...

As for printing, sprewell mentioned that he was contacting AVS to get a quote.. But I'm not too sure where he is on that.. AVS is definitely a very well known printer, but I would suspect the cost will be on the higher side.. Personally my recommendation would be Boon Kee of WallYourPhotos LLP as I have printed a number of large prints with him to very good effect, plus his rates are pretty reasonable and we can get bulk discount if we print together. Alternatively, we can try to get sponsorship for printing, from either AVS or Boon Kee or maybe even Clown (one of the CS mods)?? haha.. then that would be even more awesome.. Just throwing some options on the table for discussion...

But one thing on the back of my mind is that if we fork out for printing and framing, then what will the $50 per person be used for? considering that venue is already sponsored...

Meeting Agenda update:

1. Funds will be for used to offset
a. Frames making
b. printing
c. promotion materials (~$100)

2. Pictures in latest by 25th August.

3. Pictures framed by 15th Sep

4. Showcase date 22nd Sep

5. Press invitation

6. Group photo in Sep (wk 1-2)

7. Any other business

Refer to this thread. ...

There are a lot of questions regarding framing and printing.

here's my recommendation.

Framing:
I have decided, let's stick to IKEA frames.

Here are some available sizes.

Photo11-8-1210824PM.jpg

Photo11-8-1210725PM.jpg

Photo11-8-1210737PM.jpg

Photo11-8-1210756PM.jpg

Printing:
Your prints should be printed (or cropped) to the size that ikea frame you choose. I strongly recommend that we go here.

AVS Printing - All About Professional Printing

Testionials by the big shots in SG Fine Art Printing - AVS Printing

Will be liaising them about the prints real soon.

FOR THOSE WHO HAVE YET TO EMAIL ME YOUR SHORTLIST PLEASE DO SO ASAP.

Refer to this thread also .......

DesmondLeong said:
Refer to this thread also .......

Thanks Desmond! Can I propose this coming sat morning to seat down for a kopi session cum share our photos among our peers for selection all together. Coming week we shall get it printed and ready for framing.

TS I think he currently still overseas.

Hi guys...I know this is pretty late...but is there room for a wedding photographer to join in?

Nice work! However, think u got it all wrong. This is not a commercial show case. And wedding photos are far too many in too many places. Audience will have wrong impression. Do you have enthusiats styled work?

Actually I dont see how the $50 will be able to cover the print as well as the frame.

Maybe we need to clear it step-by-step -

1. One Leader for final photo selection
2. Once cleared, it goes to the contact point (supplier) for print. (Payment is done by TS, who has the funds)
3. Buying of frames, and sent straight to Fei (Is this OK with you Fei?). Buying should be again done by TS (who has the funds)
4. Prints ready, sent straight to Fei's place for installation
5. Write up to be installed (Is this a seperate A4 or B4 sheet, or do we write it on the frame?)

Dear friends,

In the absence of Spre, we should focus on this Saturday meeting to check point and finalize:

1. Meet at Sim Lim Square basement hawker center at 10am, as we did before.

2. Name lists as before. Please be present if you want to participate.
If you have not done anything and not shown any action, we take it you are not serious.

3. Cut off point will be decided during the meeting. After which, sorry.

4. Those who like to join in, do remember there should be no commercial implications, advertisement, or business related pictures.
ie. you should not be showing work from business activities. No brands, signs, or promotion of any form of business.
strictly enthusiast approach as spelt out by Sprewel
ie. no nudes, advertisement, suggestive materials, racism, politics, etc.

5. Please bring your pictures in a tablet, print, negative/slides for the group's reasonable view that leads to agreement

6. Submit or bring your write ups in electronics form for Phil to review.

Let us meet on Saturday morning.

Actually I don't see how the $50 will be able to cover the print as well as the frame.

Maybe we need to clear it step-by-step -

1. One Leader for final photo selection
2. Once cleared, it goes to the contact point (supplier) for print. (Payment is done by TS, who has the funds)
3. Buying of frames, and sent straight to Fei (Is this OK with you Fei?). Buying should be again done by TS (who has the funds)
4. Prints ready, sent straight to Fei's place for installation
5. Write up to be installed (Is this a separate A4 or B4 sheet, or do we write it on the frame?)

Meeting Agenda update:
a. Frames making
b. printing

5. Press invitation
7. Any other business

Nikkornos said:
Dear friends,

In the absence of Spre, we should focus on this Saturday meeting to check point and finalize:

1. Meet at Sim Lim Square basement hawker center at 10am, as we did before.

2. Name lists as before. Please be present if you want to participate.
If you have not done anything and not shown any action, we take it you are not serious.

3. Cut off point will be decided during the meeting. After which, sorry.

4. Those who like to join in, do remember there should be no commercial implications, advertisement, or business related pictures.
ie. you should not be showing work from business activities. No brands, signs, or promotion of any form of business.
strictly enthusiast approach as spelt out by Sprewel
ie. no nudes, advertisement, suggestive materials, racism, politics, etc.

5. Please bring your pictures in a tablet, print, negative/slides for the group's reasonable view that leads to agreement

6. Submit or bring your write ups in electronics form for Phil to review.

Let us meet on Saturday morning.

Meeting Agenda update:
a. Frames making
b. printing

5. Press invitation
7. Any other business

Roger....thx

Nice work! However, think u got it all wrong. This is not a commercial show case. And wedding photos are far too many in too many places. Audience will have wrong impression. Do you have enthusiats styled work?

Sorry, my bad

How about this?

NZ001.jpg

NZ002.jpg