GriGri the newbie went Botanic Garden and Orchard!

Status
Not open for further replies.
i went the next day ...
the "tai chi" swordplay dun have liao...
cos got ppl compliant ... dun know why ...

btw , are any of these photos PS ?

all are psed, haha... otherwise can't put up at all.
i thought that can be checked from the exif info?

GriGri said:
DSC_2277ps.jpg

This one is excellent :thumbsup:

cool pics..but missing the SUN-BIRDS only..hee hee

u almost shot everything there...keep up the good work...

Me still waiting for my SUN-BIRDS there..caught no good pics so far..haiz..

Zeckson Chow said:
How did you manage to get that background har? Very nice.
haha i feel so paiseh to mention that i didn't really take background into consideration. most of the time i care too much on the object itself. i guess it's just the natural background. there are many other photos i took for this flower, some with honey bee, but i still prefer this one.

GENO said:
cool pics..but missing the SUN-BIRDS only..hee hee

u almost shot everything there...keep up the good work...

Me still waiting for my SUN-BIRDS there..caught no good pics so far..haiz..
orh yah heard of that, but had never actually seen one. i got no tripod, dunno where to wait also.

btw how you guys feel about the Gitzo 1126 tripod?

GriGri said:
orh yah heard of that, but had never actually seen one. i got no tripod, dunno where to wait also.

btw how you guys feel about the Gitzo 1126 tripod?

The Sun-birds only show up around 7 to 9 am there...

for tripods, its best to try it out yrself..feel the weight you are about to carry first then buy...no point buying something $700 for a good one but u only use it less then 10 times a year? right?

GriGri: Very good pixes!! Puts me to shame :(

GENO said:
The Sun-birds only show up around 7 to 9 am there...

for tripods, its best to try it out yrself..feel the weight you are about to carry first then buy...no point buying something $700 for a good one but u only use it less then 10 times a year? right?
true, that's why i'm still thinking. unsure about my future interest on photography as i got too many interests already. rock climbing, cycling, trekking...

the G1126 looks rather small and might be easy to carry when trekking.

nyxx88 said:
GriGri: Very good pixes!! Puts me to shame :(
nah it's just lucky that i can find some presentable ones among the wastes. we all have much more to learn.

ya lor , doesn't look that much newbie . maybe u have good potential ? i dont know i am not a pro to judge but i feel that i like the photo to compose its nice!

heh thanks, i'd like to stay here longer and listen to pros' comments.

Very impressive! Sharp and very nice colors... You don't look like a newbie to me... :bsmilie:

I do have a sigma lens 70-300 Macro II too.. May I know which pictures are taken with the sigma lens? Thanks!

GriGri said:

This pic is great, the background totally blur off (just like using a gradient wallpaper) , and the sharpness of the flower.. very nice. :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Is it just my display or do some of the pictures display a cool (bluish) cast to them?

Might want to use a Skylight 1B filter in those conditions.

Firefox said:
Is it just my display or do some of the pictures display a cool (bluish) cast to them?

Might want to use a Skylight 1B filter in those conditions.
never tought of that before, will adjusting the WB solve the problem?

GriGri said:
never tought of that before, will adjusting the WB solve the problem?

Custom WB should work.. But you'll need a moderately large, flat, white object to set it. Something like A4 bright white paper should do.

Hmmm...i like the Flower no.5 and the people no.2....the an mor baby girl looks cute..the exposure also seems fine.....btw i'm new in clubsnap...hehehee

Status
Not open for further replies.