Gretagmacbeth Display Calibrator Huey

Status
Not open for further replies.

E1g3

Feb 5, 2003
Visit site
Got myself the above recently.
But after calibrating my LCD, what's the correct setting for viewing pictures? I find my LCD bias towards red.
also find poking the stick into the holder very tight and which sides should it be, wire below or on top.

confirm the screen takes on a more subdue colour. How to test whether the screen is correctly calibrated?

wire below. as for e rest, i can't ans u as i'm still waiting for mine, due for collection tomorrow hehe.

bias towards red should be because of the gamma...

do a search for it on the web...there are some pdf files on it...

anyways...after calibration .... do u get all the photo edit modes and such or do u just get the colour setting and contrast setting tab?

Witness said:
bias towards red should be because of the gamma...

do a search for it on the web...there are some pdf files on it...

anyways...after calibration .... do u get all the photo edit modes and such or do u just get the colour setting and contrast setting tab?

After calibration, the options are for colour and contrast setting only. for picture and web browsing, it's recommended to set to contrast MID and colour Neutral. That about the only settings available. Black colours seem to be abit greyish. I don't know, probably I do it wrongly.

E1g3 said:
confirm the screen takes on a more subdue colour. How to test whether the screen is correctly calibrated?
Go to DPReview, click on a review, at the first page of each camera review, at the bottom of the page, there is a greyscale bar.. They should look evenly distributed and each tone should look neutral without any colour cast.

Status
Not open for further replies.