Green Tea :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

labla

Apr 26, 2008
Lentor
3449460065_f3d38fca67.jpg

Can anyone comment for me :) I thought it was a nice shot. It was simple too.

The DOP looks great and add more light to it! :)

I see a green cup, cannot tell for sure it is green tea

I'd have the chopsticks spanning corner-to-corner instead of straight down. Maybe a bump the light up a bit more as well.

Hope you don't mind for some frank comments. :)

1. The chopsticks are out of context as far as the title is concerned. We do not use chopsticks when drinking tea, right? :) Include some tidbits/foods if you want to shoot it with the chopsticks.
  2. Use a better pair of chopsticks, not these disposable ones. E.g. you can use Japanese chopsticks, or those painted Chinese chopsticks, or the old black color Chinese chopsticks which would give a very retro feeling.
  3. The DOF is not enough! At least half of the chopsticks should be in focus (maybe from the thick end to the center), instead of just the middle which is neither here nor there. Several things could be done: (i) reposition the chopsticks so that it is at an angle, (ii) move your camera slightly back (the framing is a bit tight now, btw), (iii) use narrower aperture.
  4. There is no green tea as the title suggested. Put some tea leafs somewhere, or at least let the viewer see the tea inside the cup.

Here are some suggestions for a better set up:
A tea pot (perhaps steaming with hot water), some nice tea leafs on the table or a saucer, a nice pair of chopsticks resting on another saucer with tidbits, and a nice table to arrange all these props on. Btw, "nice" here doesn't necessarily mean new. You can use old stuffs if you want to present a retro feeling.

Hope you don't mind for some frank comments. :)

1. The chopsticks are out of context as far as the title is concerned. We do not use chopsticks when drinking tea, right? :) Include some tidbits/foods if you want to shoot it with the chopsticks.
  2. Use a better pair of chopsticks, not these disposable ones. E.g. you can use Japanese chopsticks, or those painted Chinese chopsticks, or the old black color Chinese chopsticks which would give a very retro feeling.

1. Looks like TS shot this when dining in one of the Japanese restaurants. So he probably has no choice in choice of chopsticks.

But I do agree with you that they are out of context.

Status
Not open for further replies.