Greek Holiday

Status
Not open for further replies.

ricleo

Mar 13, 2004
Eastern Singapore
was in Santorini sometime in May this year, shooting with a D700 + 24-120VR most of the time, the only full frame camera i could find to replace my canon 5D which was stolen. Anyway, here goes and hope you guys like the pics as much as I loved Santorini.

1 - church bells
santorini0077.jpg

2 - std blue roof church you get everywhere
santorini0080.jpg

3 - another angle
santorini0081.jpg

4- cute asian kid
santorini0115.jpg

5- enjoying the view
santorini0136.jpg

6 - more bells
santorini0146.jpg

7 - sepia tree
santorini0162.jpg

8 - view of Oia from one of the ruins beside the clift
santorini0261.jpg

9 - wee...carefree feeling with legs dangling.
santorini0295.jpg

10 - another angle
santorini0303.jpg

11 - photogs waiting for the famous Oia sunset
santorini0319.jpg

12 - lone photog
santorini0344.jpg

13 - where we stayed
santorini0431.jpg

14 - @ one of the black beaches
santorini0723.jpg

15 - doggie!
santorini0730.jpg

Last edited:
Wow.. nice pix..love the colors..:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

16 - waiting for sunset. really a v romantic place.
santorini0886.jpg

17 - the famous sunset coming soon
santorini0894.jpg

18 - & here it is
santorini0896.jpg

19 - tripod
santorini1219.jpg

20 - caught the sail boat
santorini1247.jpg

21- moon
santorini1220.jpg

22 - another moon view
santorini1206.jpg

23 - flag
santorini1271.jpg

24 - dusk view
santorini1308.jpg

25 - and night finally falls
santorini1317.jpg

beautiful series! thanks for sharing!

Beautiful series of Greek... :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: ;)

I haven't been to Santorini but I love it so much that I use the blue-white theme as the theme for my new house. =)

Nice series of pictures!

What a nice place...more importantly thanks for your effort in showing us at its best :thumbsup:

Now ....I want to save save save to go here too....care to share your itinary and cost? :embrass:

awesome shots. Thanks for sharing !! :thumbsup:

V nice pictures!!! :thumbsup: Thanks for sharing.

The place u stayed is also v nice... may i know the name of your hotel/accoomodation?

tks guys! glad you like the shots.

the place i stayed in is known as Oia's Sunset, is a hotel made up of quite a number of blocks located in a big villa, where you can rent rooms ranging from 2 bedders to 4-6 bedders. I shared the cost with 3 other friends, so end up was about 30 euros per night per person, quite decent price i think.

for itinerary wise, there isn't one. Just rent a car for 3-4 days at about 30 a day, shared among 4 ppl is very cheap, and you can drive to all the spots and beaches on the island, with Oia being the most beautiful, and Fira the most bustling with people (noisy).

can visit the volcano by taking a boat/cruise from Oia as well.

What a nice place...more importantly thanks for your effort in showing us at its best :thumbsup:

Now ....I want to save save save to go here too....care to share your itinary and cost? :embrass:

ha i went there while i was working in London, so it was a 200+ pounds air-ticket from London to Santorini. Following which i took an internal flight, abt 30 pounds to athens for a few days, and then back to London.

Daily expenses are about 10-20 euros per meal, you can go budget and buy pasta to cook in the hotels as well! makes food very cheap :)

Beautiful series! Well done. Thanks for sharing ur great works! :thumbsup:

the serenity of the pictures is just so pleasant, thanks for sharing with us this series.

Status
Not open for further replies.