Greece

Status
Not open for further replies.

nemes`S

May 18, 2004
going to greece soon, any suggestions on what film and equipment to bring along? i favour landscapes...

For landscape photography, the best is to use wide angle lenses. Since you are using film, anything in the range of 19-35mm would be good enough. As for the type of film needed, just ASA 100 film would be good enough.

For other kind of shots, a standard zoom lens like a 28-70mm and ASA 400 would be sufficient.

I hope that this helps.

bring a tripod too! my wife was there a few years back on a tour with her mom. according to her, the pathenon is spectacular at night. :thumbsup: u might want a tripod, and capture the scene at night with slow shutter.

ISO 100 is good for most situation. but do remember to bring along some 200 and maybe one 400 just in case.. :D

Greece is a very beautiful place. Make sure you set some time for island hopping... must visit Santorini at the very least.

I feel there is no fixed formula or lens choice for landscape photography. It is up to individual preference. Whether it is a wide angle or telephoto lens, use them correctly and to their advantage. Mix the use of both types of lenses to introduce variety...

Telephoto lens is superb for subjects emphasis, bringing them close, removing distraction or unnecessary elements and giving them more impact.

In comparison, wide angle lens is not as easy to use. It all boils down to finding yourself a good vantage point, identifying a visual anchor and including interesting foreground to lead the viewers on. Messing picture with no clear message get you nowhere even if you have a panoramic or a 180 degree view....

Status
Not open for further replies.