Grade 3 photo paper.

Status
Not open for further replies.

politicalartist

May 4, 2005
Hello, I just purchased Impact grade 3 B/W photo paper. I am printing using a colour enlarger and I don't have any filters. Will this affect anything bout the paper?

IIRC , grade 3 is the normal grade. It will not affect anything about the paper, expcept the tone lar ....

Ilford Multigrade and AGFA's default grade is 2. So using grade 3 paper will give you a slight contrast boost. Grades 2-3 are normally considered standard papers.

Hi.

try printing a few negs and see if they turn out well but you cannot change contrast of prints made using graded papers with multigrade filters or the filters in your colour head.

you can try matching your negs by adjusting development so that your prints come out pleasing to your eye with this paper, or just buy a box of Agfa or Ilford multigrade paper and toss this one.

There are ways to "change" grades during paper development. But they are tedious. Examples of ways to do this is to use different developers during the same paper development, like using Dektol in a bath and then Selectol-soft in another bath.

But as I said, this is very tedious and I think very unnecessary. So my suggestion is, just use the papers and see if you like the images. Who knows, sometimes things may turn out wonderful!

Status
Not open for further replies.