Gozaisyo Mountain Range, Shiga, Japan

Status
Not open for further replies.

TMC

Sep 4, 2004
Beyond Space-Time Continuum
Winter in the Gozaisyo Mountain Range. North of Osaka in the Shiga Province. Taken at 1,220m above sea level and at -7 degs without the wind chill.

56047090.jpg

56047091.jpg

56047092.jpg

56047093.jpg

56047094.jpg

56047095.jpg

56047096.jpg

56047097.jpg

Nearly got blown off the top of the mountain for the last shot. Sudden gust of wind from behind, if not for the rope that the photo instructor attached to me, I am a goner probably :sweat:

I like the last one. How long did it take u to climb up? :)

Hello... I like the second last one. The perspective of the picture with shadows of the trees work out very nicely for me... Thanks for sharing.

nice colours and whites!:thumbsup:

But I get dizzy spell look at them, too “乱” already..

melnjes said:
I like the last one. How long did it take u to climb up? :)
supposed to be a 12min ropeway ride up there but due to the strong winds, it took 30+mins as they had to stop the cars to let them stabilize. After that have to walk 20mins to that particular edge as well. Will try to do up more pics later.

Alex...sorry about that. But hard to get a good angle to get the the orientation of the snow on the branches to show. No macro lens with me.

If anyone noticed, the snow is not dangling downwards from the branches. It is to the sides :)

1st pic look like IR one... haha.... nice pics... but find that too many trees in some of the pics.... a bit lack of focus...

Great shots, I prefer the second to the last one. I like the detail of the snow...I can almost feel myself out there in that cold surrounded by all those trees.

Great pics! :thumbsup:

How did you get the shots without over-blowing from the snow reflecting the sunlight?

hmm....I +2/3 EV to the pics. Luminous Landscapes has a tutorial on how to take snow scenes. That is a good one to read up, the rest is up to you and maybe a good circular polarizer.

TMC said:
hmm....I +2/3 EV to the pics. Luminous Landscapes has a tutorial on how to take snow scenes. That is a good one to read up, the rest is up to you and maybe a good circular polarizer.

Oh yeah, circular polarizer, how could I forget :embrass: I use that at beaches to avoid overblowing highlights :bsmilie:

Status
Not open for further replies.