gown woes

which, in ur personal opinion, do u think is the nicest?

Results are only viewable after voting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

furrypaws

Feb 20, 2004
hey folks,

jus wanted to do a "survey" here.. i'm in the midst of finalising my wedding gown and its really giving me a headache. just wanted to know which gown is the nicest in ur opinion. i know that its ultimately my own decision and whether i look good in it, that other opinions shouldnt matter.. and all that jazz.. i jus want to hear more opinions thats all ;)

if it helps, i look fine in tube and halter (dont make me arms look fat etc..) so let that not be in ur consideration.

thanks!

Options:
1. halter_ballgown

Resizeofhalter.jpg

2. bustier gown (aka tube)

bustiergown.jpg

3. halter_empire (A line silouhette)

empire.jpg

4. any other suggestions?

the bustier is by far the most popular.. but it really depends on the bride. i'm no expert in gown choosing, and i'm sure u've heard it enuff times, u have the TRY them on to have a look, not just gowns, but any clothes u buy too rite?

heheeh.. good luck with it, only wear once, do it right! :)

heh.. yea, i know.

looking at the unearthly hours i'm sleeping lately.. i'd be one panda-looking bride!

here's a peek at the one i sorta finalised on at my bridal boutique.
tis not my size exactly.. a little loose.. so not the best fit la..

Resizeofbackview.jpg

my bf suggested having paw prints on my gown!
thats like my softest spot lor.. wahahha.... :lovegrin:

i'm hoping to sneak my cats in for the studio shoots :devil:
i do want them to be part of it..

Resizeoftwins.jpg

check out how adorable they are.. hee.. butt to butt

furrypaws said:
heh.. yea, i know.

looking at the unearthly hours i'm sleeping lately.. i'd be one panda-looking bride!

here's a peek at the one i sorta finalised on at my bridal boutique.
tis not my size exactly.. a little loose.. so not the best fit la..

Resizeofbackview.jpg

my bf suggested having paw prints on my gown!
thats like my softest spot lor.. wahahha.... :lovegrin:

i'm hoping to sneak my cats in for the studio shoots :devil:
i do want them to be part of it..

Resizeoftwins.jpg

check out how adorable they are.. hee.. butt to butt
ahhah paw prints.. why not, it's your wedding u say!

as for the cats in ur studio, i guess different photogs will react differently.. but there's been plenty of bridals done with pets so shouldn't be a problem. :)

Can't really tell which one is good tho. It all depends on your figure, your height, your features. Why not you try all, take photos, post here, then we choose? ;p

Congratulations for you big day too.

I'd go with jOhO on the bustier design, quite a lot of brides look very good in it and since it compliments your arms etc, it's nice :thumbsup:

if can't decide, get them all :thumbsup:

personally I like number 2.

Yeah, why not take all and take a photo with it. Put a poll and we'll vote.

CHeers

some bridal shops don't like photos taken during fitting.. but if they dun say anything just whack.. till they say cannot :bsmilie:

I personally like the bustier style, especially since that is what my wife wore on our wedding day :heart:

I also think that if you have the body to carry it off well then the bustier also looks better in photos, especially if you have a nice neckline and shoulders. It also allows you to wear a nice neckpiece...

HI there,

Erm... y dont u custom made ur wedding gown? My friend designed her own gown cos its the kind of design she wants and fits her perfectly.

Just a suggestion.

Congrats to you :D

ya,

I think bustier is very common. My wife chose a halter gown as it looks more special and elegant. Actually, no point getting opinons here as choosing gown (at least to my wife) is a very personal thing. My wife did ask me for my opinons but I have the feeling that she made up her mind b4 that :)

actually...i believe...the bustier doesnt really work for everyone, .... i dun know about u....but the best way to do it is to go to the gown shop and try...bring a fwen along too..one's who's a good critic.....

cheers

It really depends a lot on your shape.
Go for halter option if you have great shoulders, clear skin on back.
You may want to try bustier if you have above + well-endowed bossom.
Then, again, as all the experts opined above - go try it with a friend whose known to be direct and frank.
All the best!

personally, i think the bustier gown is very nice & fitting on u...

if i chanced upon the right design, i would have a bustier gown for my wedding... :)

didn't read thru all the post,
so i hope i m not repeating someone else's reply.

get one that u need not pull it up while its on.
u know the type?
no strap or anything on top,
n as the weight of the gown will drag it down,
bit by bit,
brides have to pull them up very so often.
quite a sight :bsmilie:

jude
congrats to u n ur other half.

My 2 cents. I think the designer/consultant should be the one telling what you would look good in. If not, or if all that they push you is something even a blind can tell it doesn't suit you, then I think think you should change a designer. If you're not going to trust them or if you cannot bring yourself to trust them, then you shouldn't be paying so much for their opinions. How much can a gown actually cost?

Like MLSK has said, it really depends on your figure and shape.

If you have a slender body, IMMHO, you should go for neither of these dresses stated above. You should go for something slinky. Like those with a straight cut. I dunno how to explain to you also.

If you have an unfortunately obviously pear shape like mine, I guess the 1st or 2nd choice is good.

Post a picture of you here lah!! ;)

When I choose the gown for my wife. I told her that it was the one that when she put one, she walk all over the place asking for opinions. (In fact, she wear it the longest. Shows that she is confident wearing it ;) ) It is our big day and I want her to be happy and proud. It is a bustier ;p Congrats to you!

Status
Not open for further replies.