Got dust inside the lens

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zantz

May 21, 2008
Shadow Moses
Hi, Would need some help regarding dust inside my 50mm lens.

I found my lens inside the glass got the dust and even though it doesn't really affect my image but I feel uneasy everytime I see dust inside. Can I unscrew and clean inside?

I found my lens inside the glass got the dust and even though it doesn't really affect my image but I feel uneasy everytime I see dust inside. Can I unscrew and clean inside?

time to buy 35mm .. :D

As heavily discussed and mentioned dozens of times before...

It's normal. Go out and shoot more.

u need a 50mm f/1.2L ... cfm no dust ;)

lame stuff aside; dust won't appear in your picture at all. I can't rmb the proper term and explanation, but no worries, the only dust you see in your picture (if any) are most likely dust on the filter infront of your sensor

cheers and shoot more ;)

Last edited:
Thanks all for the reply but I see the dust inside I heart pain. Even put inside dry box also can get, I think I caught the dust when shooting...

Thanks all for the reply but I see the dust inside I heart pain. Even put inside dry box also can get, I think I caught the dust when shooting...

Unless your lens spends it's entire time in a clean room, there's bound to be dust that will find it's way there. Don't worry so much about 1 spec of dust in your lens and go outside and shoot!

you are not living in a dust free world, and you suppose to focus on what you want to shoot, not some tiny dust in the lens.

learn to live with it.

its common. ease ur pain by using it more often and making great pictures with it.

Shoot in a air tight dust free environment :)

Thanks all for the reply but I see the dust inside I heart pain.
You might see it with your eyes but you will not be able to see the dust in your pictures. Go and check ;)
Even put inside dry box also can get, I think I caught the dust when shooting...
Very precise observation, spot on! :)
Your dry box is not dust free and Singapore is a quite dusty city. Accept it.

Dont worry about the speck of dust since it doesnt even affect the photos.
Honestly, I will only check my glass if I see a black spot on my image or when I am going to sell my lens.
Otherwise, just enjoy shooting....unless fungus, otherwise a few specks of dust will not affect the image.

If buay tahan, send for cleaning then..

nvm la, abit dust is okay one.
if not, just bring it to re-service lor. ;)

cheerios

Feel uneasy? Go and clean it at service center luh..

After that, keep in 10 airtight containers... Make sure that inside the container no dust...

Since you say you got the dust when shooting, since it's inside airtight container, no shoot = no dust.. :thumbsup:

:bsmilie:

Use washing machine, just like washing clothings

BUT remember, only lens!! Please take out the body and wash the len.
If not the body will spoiled. :devil:

If you don't mind taking the risk of accidentally causing more damage, I don't see why not...A little dust doesn't really matter.If you are still feeling uneasy, try getting service centre or CS-er fatigue to clean your lens.

Feel uneasy? Go and clean it at service center luh..

After that, keep in 10 airtight containers... Make sure that inside the container no dust...

Since you say you got the dust when shooting, since it's inside airtight container, no shoot = no dust.. :thumbsup:

Use washing machine, just like washing clothings

BUT remember, only lens!! Please take out the body and wash the len.
If not the body will spoiled. :devil:

you people ah, tsk tsk.. so bad. :bheart:

Some ppl are getting excitement by seeing great pics they captured --->> photography
Some ppl are getting excitement by seeing the perfectness of their equipment --->> gearfreakgraphy

Status
Not open for further replies.