Gorillapod in cabin baggage?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 17, 2009
Singapore
Hi, I am going for a short 2 day trip this weekend to Surabaya, Indonesia to visit the volcanic craters there. Being a short trip I don't want to carry my tripod and entire gear.

Does anybody know whether carrying a Gorillapod is allowed in a plane i.e. cabin/ carry-on baggage? Or does it need to be checked in for security purposes?

Thanks.

Hi, I am going for a short 2 day trip this weekend to Surabaya, Indonesia to visit the volcanic craters there. Being a short trip I don't want to carry my tripod and entire gear.

Does anybody know whether carrying a Gorillapod is allowed in a plane i.e. cabin/ carry-on baggage? Or does it need to be checked in for security purposes?

Thanks.

Should be no problem. I've lugged a tripod into the plane before.

same, have hand-carried tripods (on SIA though) many times...

Thanks all.

@Shen siung: I heard from many that it varied from case to case and depends on security personnel - sometimes you might be lucky while sometimes they might insist on checking the tripod in. Given that usually bats, hockey sticks, etc. and other objects above some length are not allowed in, I decided not to carry it to avoid check-in of luggage.

Status
Not open for further replies.