Good Re-chargerable Batt for Pentax k-x

Status
Not open for further replies.
There are mortal chargers and there are MAHA chargers.

I have this MAHA MH-C9000
This is the white wizard of chargers...
it revitalizes the weak
it cures the sick
it rises the dead :what:

I have this MAHA MH-C800S
As good as the above just that it dun rise the dead. But it charges 8 at 1 go :)

Er... forget the 15min 30min charges... it will kill your batteries. They get really really hot.

Last edited:
get sanyo eneloops, or maha powerex imedions.

for charger, go for maha from eastgear.

the travel charger (i think it is one hour) has a refresh/rejuvenate function, and will not dig a hole into your pocket.

I'm using the free kit eneloop and imedions.
seems imedions depletes faster then eneloop altho they are 100MA higher then eneloop and hit "orange" light faster in Kx.

wabbit, how many shots do you get from your k-x with fully charged eneloops?

My fully charged eneloop lasted me around 550shots (no flashes or liveview used), not sure if this is normal, as opposed to the claim of 1900 shots? I guess auto-focus and some build-in PP used more energy?

get sanyo eneloops, or maha powerex imedions.

for charger, go for maha from eastgear.

the travel charger (i think it is one hour) has a refresh/rejuvenate function, and will not dig a hole into your pocket.

My fully charged eneloop lasted me around 550shots (no flashes or liveview used), not sure if this is normal, as opposed to the claim of 1900 shots? I guess auto-focus and some build-in PP used more energy?

thats rougly what i get for both my imedions and eneloops too....

get the maha C800S/C801D charger, it comes with 8 imedions as well, so u dun need to buy eneloops already.

Bu guan shi bai mao hai shi hei mao.
Nen ziwa lao shu de jiu shi hao mao!

(No matter if it's a black or white cat, it's a good cat if it is able to catch any mouse)

If you look at the instruction manual 550 is withing the range so should be normal for NiMH.
The 1900 shot is for the Lithium (non rechargeable batteries).
I have been able to see such performance for both NiMH and Lithium with good batteries and charger.

haha... maha too ex for a newbie like me. think i'll get
sanyo one.

Do check out this one... MAHA MH-C401FS CHARGER

http://www.eastgear.com/batteries-chargers/maha-mh-c401fs-charger-with-4-aa-imedion.html

Great value for money when compared to the Sanyo Quick Charger offered as a promotional deal by Pentax (Emjay), Singapore.

I can swear by this model personally... been using it for quite some time now... and actually went out and bought another one so that I could charge 8 batteries at one go simultaneously!

This is in spite of my having had quite a collection of other good branded chargers (some slow ones, some timer based and other not-as-smart ones!)... all of these are now in hibernation in some forgotten box somewhere in my house!

I won't even suggest the Maha MH-C9000 WizardOne Charger... an absolute overkill... but a device that I also swear by occasionally when it comes to analyzing and re-conditioning batteries!

What's more... if I remember correctly, these Maha chargers come with a three year local Singapore warranty offered directly by EastGear, Singapore.

smells like home TV shopping... :bsmilie:

I'm using the free kit eneloop and imedions.
seems imedions depletes faster then eneloop altho they are 100MA higher then eneloop and hit "orange" light faster in Kx.

those generic brands tend to overrate their specs. I have a fuji compatible battery with rating almost twice the original battery but in the end, last just as long only. :)

1900 shots sounded more like the Lithiums instead. My eneloops were able to get me around 1000 shots before the camera cannot power up. :)

buy an extra set of eneloop ? :p

that's what i did a few days ago ... for those days that if the 1st set suddenly dies :sweat:

If you look at the instruction manual 550 is withing the range so should be normal for NiMH.
The 1900 shot is for the Lithium (non rechargeable batteries).
I have been able to see such performance for both NiMH and Lithium with good batteries and charger.

yes, highest end shots for aa battery using cameras would usually come from lithium batteries.

Status
Not open for further replies.