Good Nasi Briyani ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

xtemujin

Apr 1, 2005
Singapura, Singapore
I'm looking for a nice place that serves great Nasi Briyani.

The Allaudin at Tekka market, Briyani house and Islamic Restaurant is not that good.

I'm looking for a nice place that serves great Nasi Briyani.

The Allaudin at Tekka market, Briyani house and Islamic Restaurant is not that good.

Raffles Place, Golden Shoe Market, 2nd floor, near staircase. ;p

Good briyani is 2x or 2.5x that the cost of normal briyani because it takes a long time to cook and requires many layers to create that nice fragrant smell.

The best briyani is Dum briyani but because it takes a pretty long time to cook and expensive it is rearly seen in stall. But sometimes.. occasionally I've seen them served at weddings.

Dum briyani cooks in about 4-5hours so that is why it is not sold in stalls because in order to serve lunch they have to start cooking just after the break of dawn.

Those stalls advertising selling Dum briyani are usually not authentic... you can tell by the colour alone. Good luck on your search.

../azul123

bro azul,

thanks for your very detailed intro and description of briyani. now you have made me feeling hungry. ;p

how about you preparing for us all? :lovegrin:

selamat hari raya haji to all my muslim bros and sis around.

al - amin cooking house/restaurant at bukit timah i think . they serve the best nasi briyani .. get the ayam merah (red chicken) .. wont regret

Good briyani is 2x or 2.5x that the cost of normal briyani because it takes a long time to cook and requires many layers to create that nice fragrant smell.

The best briyani is Dum briyani but because it takes a pretty long time to cook and expensive it is rearly seen in stall. But sometimes.. occasionally I've seen them served at weddings.

Dum briyani cooks in about 4-5hours so that is why it is not sold in stalls because in order to serve lunch they have to start cooking just after the break of dawn.

Those stalls advertising selling Dum briyani are usually not authentic... you can tell by the colour alone. Good luck on your search.

../azul123

This is new to me! Thanks!

Now, where can we find authentic Dum briyani?

This is new to me! Thanks!

Now, where can we find authentic Dum briyani?
That's the thing can't seem to find good Dum briyani... mostly are those just labelled as Dum briyani but not the authentic type. There was a coffee shop along Changi Road 'Abak Briyani' (away from walk-in traffic) but because it is more expensive than normal briyani ($5 per plate) their sales are only from those who drive to their shop, they could only depend on weekend traffic, so the shop didn't last very long probably about 8months and then shut.

Even then their Dum briyani is only so so. My wife told me that those really good ones used tenderiser from fruits like papaya etc.. because they have natural enzymes that tenderises the meat.

My point is, when you eat good Dum briyani the meat should peels off easily, that is how you tell a good Dum briyani, but nowadays people can cook them in pressure cooker and probably tastes the same, me no cook but surely can eat one. :sweat:

../azul123

there's one opposite great world city towards the direction of paterson road (just after the big longkang). oso, in pahang/kandahar street there's plenty of stalls there along the shophouses. ;p

Someone in EDMW said you must go to Inida(or Pakistan?) to get the best Briyani!

Yes, agree with The Mac 13. Briyani served in India taste different. I was told that once you have tasted it, you'll never want to eat those served over here!

So, beware. If you happen to visit India, taste the one served there and subsequently not wanting to eat the one prepared by your wife at home. Die! Your wife might sense something fishy going on to you out there. :sweatsm:

i kinda like the one served at peninsula shopping center (the one with TCW) basement ... the small corner indian one, facing the nasi padang shop

Firstly, I thank all for the suggestions of the places with good nasi briyani. I guess that the Northpoint nasi briyani is good as people at EDMW also mention that location.

I've eaten many nasi briyani but the best one I had was at my Indian muslim friend wedding, nasi briyani dam. Yes, what Azul123 had mentioned nasi briyani dam, the fragrance of the rice and mutton that is so tender. :sweat:

After that experience of eating nasi briyani dam at my friends wedding, the nasi briyani that is cooked at places like Allaudin and Islamic restaurant is just pedestrian fair.

the mac 13,

I was the one who mentioned about the best nasi briyani can be found in India and Pakistan in the EDMW forum. My friend came back from Punjab, India and he was talking about the nasi briyani and thinking of going back again.:thumbsup:

The search for the great nasi briyani continues here in Singapore...

I remember a few years back, my ex-colleague mentioned about a very good dum briyani at a HDB shop somewhere in Hougang close to the ex-Woodbridge Hospital. He told me the briyani there is superb and the food is always sold out within a few hours of opening. Too bad, I didn't get to try it. Must be very good from the way he described it.

I remember a few years back, my ex-colleague mentioned about a very good dum briyani at a HDB shop somewhere in Hougang close to the ex-Woodbridge Hospital. He told me the briyani there is superb and the food is always sold out within a few hours of opening. Too bad, I didn't get to try it. Must be very good from the way he described it.

Yes... it is good :thumbsup: The queue is always very long

i kinda like the one served at peninsula shopping center (the one with TCW) basement ... the small corner indian one, facing the nasi padang shop

I find the quality has somehow not fit my taste lately....

try blue diamond at kerbau road...just opposite Tekka

Status
Not open for further replies.