Good deal for Canon HF100?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ydanz

Feb 7, 2003
SGP
Came across this blog page, anyone here has used their services before and have any comments? Seems like a good deal here leh, can save couple of hundreds since I don't really need the additional items they are throwing in at the PC Show offer leh.

http://sgcelobang.blogspot.com/

Yeah i was searching newegg.com HF10 is selling at US$830, what ahuge difference to Singapore

Well anyway after reading all the advice etc etc, i went ahead and purchased a Canon HF10 from the USA via Amazon.

Costing is US$819.88 x S$1.40 = S$1,147.83
Add Gst =1,147.83 x 1.07 = S$1,228.18
Add delivery S$1,228.18 + S$100.00 = S$1,328.18

Well let hope it does reach me in one piece.....

If it does then i do get to save S$872 against the official price or S$672 against unofficial price....

check the amazon pricing :)
I think US is NTSC version. SG is selling PAL.
I read there are differences... but not major enough to pay 2X the price.

I wonder why Singapore's price of photography stuffs, including camcorders, is not competitive at all compared to US, HK or Japan.
I mean we are much closer to the manufacturing sites (in Asia) compared to US.

becos the asian carrot (head) taste sweeter?

actually there is a pal ver available on US (check out the B&H Photo video site). Still cheaper than SG PAL ver by a bit.

actually there is a pal ver available on US (check out the B&H Photo video site). Still cheaper than SG PAL ver by a bit.

Yeah i did look though and due to the fact that we have Multi everything now adays (TV/player etc) also computer do not recognise PAL / NTSC, i took the jump.

If it is just a little bit cheaper by buying a PAL version from US then i think it may not be worth it?

Anyway estimated arrival time to SIngapore would be about 2 weeks. Currently sent by UPS from NY to COlorado, then Vpost usa will ship it in for me.

Will update the costing, t iming and whether items arrive in good order for you all later.

Well anyway after reading all the advice etc etc, i went ahead and purchased a Canon HF10 from the USA via Amazon.

If it does then i do get to save S$872 against the official price or S$672 against unofficial price....
I still find pricejapan better pricing at about S$1200 inclusive of DHL delivery, which you will get the camcorder within 2 days after you make payment. Only difference I can tell from the US model is some of the buttons on the body are in Japanese.

Lucky that I chanced upon this post. I will be going to US in Sep... meaning I can get it over there and bring it back personally :bsmilie: I was looking around for one... pricing in SG still a bit high.... :sweatsm:

Lucky that I chanced upon this post. I will be going to US in Sep... meaning I can get it over there and bring it back personally :bsmilie: I was looking around for one... pricing in SG still a bit high.... :sweatsm:

Not just high, it's daylight robbery.

It depends on whether you need the camcorder now or later. Any precious moment gone is gone forever :). Depending on where you buy, you may not get mail order price from walk-in stores.

I am not sure you can get the same price if you do a walk in for department store....

erm ... for such a high value purchase, why didn't you include insurance? What if something happened (touch wood)? :dunno::nono::bigeyes:I've two friends who had their parcels lost even when shipping WITHIN the US continent just two years ago during their summer break. Coincidentally, it was UPS.

After three days of email ding dongs, I decided to order from the site as in the first post. He appeared to be a nice guy. Though he would be purchasing from the actual store and have a higher cost, at least I can be rest assured that the set will be a working one when I receive it (since the set does not come with international warranty). He also mentioned that just last week, he rejected a set which had three dead pixels on the LCD! :bigeyes:

Dixon also mentioned a slight problem with shipping from amazon. The battery has to be inserted into the camcorder in the box. http://safetravel.dot.gov/whats_new_batteries.html

So I did have to pay more at least still save lots from the SG stores and will surely get my set end June. Best of luck though!

Status
Not open for further replies.