Golden Gate Bridge with Clear Blue Sky

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have been to Golden Gate Bridge on Several occasion on my business trip but I have never encounter a clear blue sky. It was always foggy.

Please feel free to give constructive comment.

2125852573_9e575e2429.jpg

2126624500_118806b735.jpg

I have been to Golden Gate Bridge on Several occasion on my business trip but I have never encounter a clear blue sky. It was always foggy.

Did you visit in summer? There's hardly any fog in other months. You're also less likely to encounter fog before mid afternoon.

Personally I find the composition to be OK but not outstanding. The color is excellent though. There's also too much "non bridge" space to the right in the first photo. I suggest trying some different angles - from below from Fort Point (that's the fort at the bottom of your 2nd photo) with a wide angle, or from above from the Marin side / Golden Gate National Recreation Area of the bridge with a telephoto.

Did you visit in summer? There's hardly any fog in other months. You're also less likely to encounter fog before mid afternoon.

Personally I find the composition to be OK but not outstanding. The color is excellent though. There's also too much "non bridge" space to the right in the first photo. I suggest trying some different angles - from below from Fort Point (that's the fort at the bottom of your 2nd photo) with a wide angle, or from above from the Marin side / Golden Gate National Recreation Area of the bridge with a telephoto.

Nope. I was there winter(Dec2007). Usually I dont see the bridge clearly. and the clear blue sky. Thanks for the tip. Will explore it when I go there again.

actually, the Golden Gate Bridge looks less interesting when the sky is clear. At least from this perspective.

You can get better angles from (your picture):
1) across the bridge (left side of the picture), the small brown hill. there's a park there. (that's also where StarFleet HQ is, if you are a trekkie). During summer, you can get the bridge covered with fog, with SF city at the far end.
2) lower right corner, there's a driveway, you can drive all the way to the yellow triangle signage. nice angle there too.

Actually, more importantly, if you WERE in SF last week, you SHOULD have bought some camera gear from Amazon. The prices there are so good plus the exchange rates are in favour of SG$.

I bought my 580 EXII from B&H when I was there the last time.

Cool.. from the website or from the B&M store in New York? I've never visited the store myself, but got a couple of lenses and my flash from them by web order.

The only B&M store I know in the Bay Area that has a good reputation is in Palo Alto (Keeble and Shuchat) and the prices are not attractive (even without taking tax into account). There's a couple of smaller places in Campbell and San Jose Winchester area.

Lovely photos, but u get the drama of the waves crashing if you snap from the area near the Fort below! I too, had the pleasure and luck of shooting the Golden Gate on a clear day last year! I shot from the top (bridge top) and bottom (near the Fort). I can post my photos to share if you like.

Lovely photos, but u get the drama of the waves crashing if you snap from the area near the Fort below! I too, had the pleasure and luck of shooting the Golden Gate on a clear day last year! I shot from the top (bridge top) and bottom (near the Fort). I can post my photos to share if you like.

Please share. I would love to have a look at it.

This works more for me than the other. The second picture has too much details and crowds the picture too much.

The sky colours was simply stunning, i thought if the composition was shifted more the the right and higher a little it would be give a stronger feeling to the whole place. I find myself searching for something i can't find on the right of the picture.

Great colours! :thumbsup:

This works more for me than the other. The second picture has too much details and crowds the picture too much.

The sky colours was simply stunning, i thought if the composition was shifted more the the right and higher a little it would be give a stronger feeling to the whole place. I find myself searching for something i can't find on the right of the picture.

Great colours! :thumbsup:

Thanks. But the right is just the sea. The other bank is too far out.

Please share. I would love to have a look at it.

Sorry for the late reply.

Here's an example - there is a small flower garden before you walk up to the Golden gate area where all the tourists are taking snapshots -

2007April26SanFran300a.jpg

Here's one taken from the area below the bridge near the Fort -

2007April26SanFran292a.jpg

Sorry for the late reply.

Here's an example - there is a small flower garden before you walk up to the Golden gate area where all the tourists are taking snapshots -

2007April26SanFran300a.jpg

Here's one taken from the area below the bridge near the Fort -

2007April26SanFran292a.jpg

Very nice. Is Pic #1 abit of wash out on the bottom left.

An pic #2 would be better if the shutter speed is slower to crate the silky effect of the waves.

Overall very nice. Next time I will try to go down there. Been there so many time but never walk down there. Always rushing.

Status
Not open for further replies.