Going to the Philippines... any recommendation?

Status
Not open for further replies.

philliptan

Jun 29, 2005
Pasir Ris
ourplants.wordpress.com
Going to Angeles City (Clark) in the Philippines...

Anything to see and do there? (I only know it's quite sleazy because of the previous presence of American soldiers at Clark Air Base.)

I don't drink so bar hopping is out for me.

Only plans is to go on a Mt Pinatubo trek and hope it doesn't erupt. :bsmilie:

philliptan said:
Going to Angeles City (Clark) in the Philippines...

Anything to see and do there? (I only know it's quite sleazy because of the previous presence of American soldiers at Clark Air Base.)

I don't drink so bar hopping is out for me.

Only plans is to go on a Mt Pinatubo trek and hope it doesn't erupt. :bsmilie:
that depends on how many daysu have left.u caneither go north or west.if i werer u. ill go to bataan and see corridor.then go north to ilocos ...beach,food and a lot of scenery.and lastly to cool u down go to baguio city up in the mountain...cool and good scenery.goin back is also a treat if u go down by la union get some of those great tasting food.cheers and enjoy.drive safely!!!:thumbsup:

You must try the local delicacy call "Balut" , very very nice..eat already sure shiok shiok ask for somemore..

you will just stay in Angeles city? in this case, try trekking to the Pinatubo, it seems interesting to me. i think there are even few villages and buidling submerged under the ashes? and part of it has been able to access.. it is interesting for me to take photo =)

I think Angeles city is also famous of night life, i haven't been there before anyway.

There is also a shipwreck site that for diving? a quite big famous US ship.

Thanks everyone... don't think I will be renting a car... need International Driving License which I don't have.

Anyways, I don't want to take the risk. Maybe I'll travel to Baguio City for a day trip or something.

you can join 4x4 club who normally goes up to mt pinatubo.. i also want to climb that volcano soon.. for some places to recommend, yeah you can go to baguio where i used to stay.. though it's not as nice as it was 10yrs ago.. you can go to mountain province where the 7th wonder of the world is (rice terraces).. is it the 7th?? lol.. if you have a friend who drives there, you can ask him to stop along the road going up to baguio so you can take some nice landscape shots.. if you're into landscape photography, yeah philippines is a nice place to go to.. alot of nice islands, resorts and night life.. enjoy and hope to see your photos soon..;)

Thanks Zyle... yep, have already booked the 4x4 for the trek... but two persons pay the same as 4 persons leh... must get another tourist couple to join us...

Will try to get to Baguio cos my Filipino colleagues all said it's beautiful...

philliptan said:
Thanks Zyle... yep, have already booked the 4x4 for the trek... but two persons pay the same as 4 persons leh... must get another tourist couple to join us...

Will try to get to Baguio cos my Filipino colleagues all said it's beautiful...
well, baguio is not that beautiful anymore.. too much people and the weather is not as cold as before.. last time can reach up to 6deg celcius.. and nature was destroyed for housing.. palawan and cebu is nice places.. but you need morre time and money to spend there.. northern part, you can go to ilocos where the old spanish houses are.. if you go mountain province, it's 12hrs drive from baguio. rough terrain but what you'll see there is priceless.. the natives there are friendly and they can speak fluent english.. you can track the mountains there to see the old burial sites (mummies) and alot more.. tell me your experience once you came back, specially trecking mt pinatubo as i'm planning to go there this year too..:)

here are some images taken at the creater from some websites so that you know what you'll expect..
37040-mt-pinatubo-0.jpg

mt_pinatubo.jpg

you can dive into the water at the creater, it's crystal clear..;)
there are also some small planes (aerolight plane) and some bigger version of it that you can take if you wanted to shoot aerials..:)

is that taal volcano?

Status
Not open for further replies.