Going to Korea in Winter. Any Advice?

beebeeice

Aug 14, 2010
Serangoon
Hello guys. I am going to Korea this Sunday for a Holiday.. Its currently Winter there. Any precautions i should take note off then bringing my DSLR (550D) there? I am afraid the camera might not function properly.

And is buying Camera stuff there cheap? Like Lenses, Accessories etc.

Just enjoy shooting. Bring more batteries.;)

Hello guys. I am going to Korea this Sunday for a Holiday.. Its currently Winter there. Any precautions i should take note off then bringing my DSLR (550D) there? I am afraid the camera might not function properly.
There is a sticky thread here: http://www.clubsnap.com/forums/showthread.php?t=615253
Have a good look. Stop worrying too much, enjoy shooting.

I was there in May this year, price of camera stuff there is about same here.

Enjoy shooting and have a great time.

And is buying Camera stuff there cheap? Like Lenses, Accessories etc.

Do know that all entertainment shows are all halted on Korean national TV. They just showing news and war analysis non stop.

My relatives there are all very nervous. even their kids are so afraid to go to school for a couple of days.

Not sure if any of the vacation and entertainment spots are closed due to this. I know most concerts or performances are halted and postponed.

Good luck.

Last edited:
Advice? Urm...bring anti-radiation suit... :sweat:

And bring this also:

hurtlocker3.jpg

hi.

i been to korea this yr jan which was winter too. No need to be worry about your dslr. it wont malfunction. however u might consider getting something to wrap your dslr in such a way that condensation can be avoided. and yes, bring lots of batteries to standby cause cold weather drains much more juice. if possible, try not to change lens often outdoor as dust and snow particles might get in. during my trip there, my 17-55 was my main lens tho i brought 3 lens altogether.

lastly, enjoy your trip and have fun!