Going to buy lenspen tmr (Friday). 3 questions concerning lenspen/blower/fibrecloth.

what time u getting?

i do u this small favour and teach u lah :sweatsm:

anyway.. i will be in cityhall area later. So if u intend to buy from Cathay Photo. You can meet me. Just pm me.

Hi. Sorry, I'm not going to buy it today because I woke up late. I'm going to buy next week, most probably next Friday. Thanks for the help. Maybe I'll contact you when I am going.

For basic lens, getting a cheap or good filter should not matter that much. I'm not sure how true this is (may just be a sales tactic by shops) but if one is going to spend a couple of thousand dollars on lens, it may not be justified to put a $10 filter (kinda silly, like using basic tyres for a Ferrari - you may hear things like that). If your concern then is that using a cheapo filter may affect your photos, then using just a hood with no filter could help.

It all boils down to what you believe. I've moved from using hoods/no filter to clear filter/no-hoods (more for convenience than anything else) so up to you to try and figure out what you really want. I don't believe in UV filter but you may want that. So... informed personal choices :dunno:

Hey, thanks for your input.

Like I just said, I'm going to buy a filter first and if I see my photo quality going down, I'll buy take out the filter and buy a hood.

One thing to remember about the hood is to remove it when using built-in flash or you will get a very noticeable shadow. On my old camera ( Canon A-1 ) I had fitted a flexible rubber hood which had the advantage of being able to be pulled back if ever in the way. Haven't seen those about anywhere but I guess they are still made.

Also if you are getting a UV filter you may want to see if you can get a discount and get a polarizing filter at the same time. About the only other filter you will need is a circular polarizer.