Going Bangkok... where's a gd place to stay?

Status
Not open for further replies.

londonray

Mar 25, 2005
hey guys, visiting Bangkok... 5D4N, was wondering where are some cheap&gd places to stay? need not be 5-star hotels, but needs to be clean and safe area as i'm going with my GF. Preferably close to shopping/food areas... TIA!

Maybe you can try Samran Place, I like it there as the toilet is big n clean and its value for $$. Near to their BTS and my choice of transport over the cab during peak hours.

If you have abit more $$, try Baiyoke Sky. Its nice. Book the cheapest room, as most of the time, its overbooked and will get a free upgrade to higher floors ( >49th Level ) or even a small suite. There breakfast at Baiyoke is nice, iirc, restaurant for breakfast at 76th or 77th Level. American, japanese and local breakfast to choose from.

I've been Bangkok quite many times and have been staying at different hotels on every occasion...so far, I liked Arnoma Hotel the best (it's about slightly more than 5mins of walking distance from their MRT station) and has a shopping centre beside and opposite it. It's located at a main road and the hotel room is quite spacious and hotel staff are friendly. It's 4 star I think.

But the most accessible is Pathuwan Princess hotel which is located AT the MBK shopping centre itself. It's like the most central location and has a nearby MRT station too. But this hotel is 5star and will be quite pricey.

I've also stayed at Grand Diamond (not near MRT, but nice room), Bangkok Palace (cheap but room quite shabby and need to walk about 1 block away to get to main road, not near any MRT. Nice room service food though :p), Narai Hotel (cheap but room not too good, located at a main road but it's not really near the main shopping areas as compared to the other hotels I've mentioned.)

Personally, I prefer to travel by MRT in Bangkok since it's very convenient and it even goes to Chatchuchak weekend market as well...because their cabs though are cheap but may take a longer travelling time due to congestion.

wow, thanks for all the advice guys... i think that my GF wants to go to the market... so will probably base on that... what's there to do in thailand other than in bangkok itself? Are there any places that a day trip would be good for? Cheers

if u dont mind spending about $180 per night, try siam siam boutique hotel

wow, thanks for all the advice guys... i think that my GF wants to go to the market... so will probably base on that... what's there to do in thailand other than in bangkok itself? Are there any places that a day trip would be good for? Cheers
1. go to Tourist Boot (along the street) to get the BK map free and advice from them on places of interest.

2. stay near to MRT

hey guys, checked out the above mentioned places... Seems like budget of SGD$40-60 would be nice (ie Samran Place). Any other places like Samran place to recommend? Near BTS would be much appreciated. Cheers!

hey guys, checked out the above mentioned places... Seems like budget of SGD$40-60 would be nice (ie Samran Place). Any other places like Samran place to recommend? Near BTS would be much appreciated. Cheers!

Asia hotel.. connected to the bts...1 or 2 stations away from the shoppings.. and cheaper than those 4-5 stars hotel mentioned.. but if i am not wrong, it cost more than 60....
http://www.asiarooms.com/thailand/bangkok/asia-hotel-room.html .. from $95

Stayed there during my last trip..location is good.. and all the cab drivers will know where it is.. so no problem getting around by train or cab.. quite popular with singaporeans also.. only downside is its a bit old .. but rooms are still quite comfy though..

so what date of ETA in BKK ?

Baiyoke Sky, nice view, (got SGD6 fruits buffet , got durian too !) nearer to night market.

grand daimond and Arnoma Hotel nearer to shopping center

erm, getting there 30th Jan, thanks for offering to show us around!

Back to Sing by then.
Enjoy.

bangkok suite hotel! cheap and nice (and clean)

Just back 3 days ago staying at this hotel, I think this hotel is due for upgrade liao .. the carpet condition are getting old. :(

The TV channels also less as compared to baiyoke boutique .. both hotels offers almost the same price .. sub SGD70.

Will return again ... ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.