Gloomy town

Status
Not open for further replies.

hmm my very first post, a new photographer to the world of photography too. Picture taken at yishun mrt station at 1901hrs..=)
here are the properties:
Camera: Nikon D80
Exposure: 0.001 sec (1/800)
Aperture: f/7.1
Focal Length: 135 mm
ISO Speed: 400
Exposure Bias: 0/6 EV
ISO Speed: 400

i did some post editing merely adjusting hue and saturation. yup
btw can anyone see the pic? not sure how to post picture..=X
if not here is the link http://flickr.com/photos/39303983@N00/388784119/

c&c are welcome thankss =)

espion

Deregistered
Aug 25, 2005
some potential in this photo for a picture: a contrast of mysterious darkness against a bright lively sky. And so the shadows on the right are too heavy and too much, less of that, and more of the skies above. Then a more composed picture with better balance of the elements: light, dark, manmade, nature ... I think ur intention was the balance the 2 vertical columns on left with 2 on right. Thats good but needs a different perspective. Shot from any other angle?

yup didnt want to 'tilt' the buildings too much. actually couldnt get more of other manmade and nature cos i was on the mrt platform and during the sunset time it was a little golden and contrasting light which i hastily snap this shot. i did tone down the darkness abit on the right. should have brighten it then. thanks!~ ^.^

espion

Deregistered
Aug 25, 2005
No dont brighten it, chop it off altogether ... guess the most valuable thing in this pic are the take away lessons, so the next time u can compose deliberately and quickly, the epitome being to do it apparently instinctively ...

neoliyam

Apr 13, 2005
hardly anything in the pic to admire. learn about subject matter, something that would make user interested in the pic.

also, i understand you are new but i dont think its useful to add exif details.

thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom