Gloomy Sunset by YOUNG SUN CHASER

MGohzxc

Jun 12, 2010
Singapore
Hello Everyone,
last Sunday, was a drizzling day. And thanks to the ants there, I got my first few ant bites. But even though it was drizzling, it didn't stop little miss Sunshine :)

#1 - My favorite composition - HDR
2qitua1.jpg

Last edited:
#2 - Just a little sunset left - HDR with 3 Exposure
1z6y06s.jpg

Last edited:
#3 - Bitten by alot of ants while taking this shot. (10-stop filter used)
5tt3m9.jpg

I like #1! gives me a very dreamy feeling. haha. but the tree on the right looks kind of weird to me. :)

#4 - Without HDR
2vxep0n.jpg

#2 - Just a little sunset left - HDR with 3 Exposure
1z6y06s.jpg

the tree looks like it has been trimmed.

like that glow on it.

Hi Manita, one question for you. Why did you choose to shoot the scene in HDR? :think:

She's just trying out HDR. But I feel it is perfectly fine without the HDR, but of course, the HDR-treated one is a talking point.

#4 - Without HDR
2vxep0n.jpg

Hmm... looks like your original picture already has nice exposure. :thumbsup: There is no extreme contrast to warrant the use of HDR. :think:

#4 - Without HDR
2vxep0n.jpg

i actually prefer this than the HDR one.

wld be nice if you can reduce the sliders a bit for #2, take away the halo

Last edited:
I thought was my imagination :angel:

lolx.. I was wondering hw come the tree is glowing.. so special tree..
but then its nice..

It's HDR what...
Hello Uncle Wildcat,
Sunday was raining what.. you're all relax and sleepy so that's why you're imagining ... hehe

oh nonon.. I know its HDR... I never say its not nice either..
I juz find ur tree very special..:angel:

great work young lady~!!!

i like the shot where you got bitten by alot of ants... no i'm not laughing at you.. i like the composition~!!

the HDR is interesting with the glowing trees and purplely tree..

then again... its nice that you went to shoot again on sunday...

haha, i will have to learn from you and go there more often.. even though i kinda bored of the place le..

I like #1! gives me a very dreamy feeling. haha. but the tree on the right looks kind of weird to me. :)

The one that is without HDR, you could see that the tree also has this reflection beneath it. I guess it's natural because I did not do anything with it. :)

Hi Manita, one question for you. Why did you choose to shoot the scene in HDR? :think:

Just trying to be creative, and also learning HDR at the same time. So, it's up to the viewer to choose.

She's just trying out HDR. But I feel it is perfectly fine without the HDR, but of course, the HDR-treated one is a talking point.

Hi Uncle Dingaroo,
yeah, you are right. Just trying out. But I also like the original. And I like the composition.

Hmm... looks like your original picture already has nice exposure. :thumbsup: There is no extreme contrast to warrant the use of HDR. :think:

Hi Ghaz1,
thanks for your C&C, see you Sunday.