gloomy afternoon ? lets all rack some brains....

Status
Not open for further replies.
AR - man is an inventor and with demand and popularity will create better technology.
Embrace green technologies and get the whole process moving faster. However this is not up to an individual but a govt to implement....and many are pussy footing.

"cos sunlight & wind dun have to buy."
Best answer so far. Most to the point. Unfortunately while wind and sun are free, using them is not.

"Because the earth did not charge us any cent for the oil we take, did not charge us any cent for the CO2 we dispose. It's unfair.
With green energy, we steal less."
Sorry if i don't get your reply, but are you implying with green energy we do less damage to the earth?

"Embrace green technologies and get the whole process moving faster. However this is not up to an individual but a govt to implement....and many are pussy footing."
And the objective of adopting and switching to renewable (solar or wind) technology is what?

And the objective of adopting and switching to renewable (solar or wind) technology is what?

Yeah - you're right - screw the planet.

Bring on the oil, kill the rain forest. After all who cares about the future of this planet. We'll hopefully be dead and our future generation can sort out our mess. ;)

WHAT IF..... you could change the world with one product. a product which will improve the lives the many.

and you are given the ability to make it happen. what would it be ?

(cannot be products that would glorify war / hate or anything that is a weaponry)

for me... i hope the idea of having lasers to heal skin and burn injuries or the use of spray on skin would be good. imagine those poor folks stuck in fire... i guess this would help them.

whats your "world-changing" product ? :bsmilie:

Umbrella Corps.

Out of curiousity, can anybody state why we should switch to renewable (solar or wind) energy?

For the sake of my kid's kids' kids ?

Just for the sake of comparison, IMHO, I'd compare a person who makes an effort to move to renewable energy to be like a person who keeps a rental car clean. The rest of the people would prob not care a hoot about the cleanliness of the rental since he's outta the danged car once he returns it at the end of the week.... You might say, since I paid for the rental, why not ?

Then think again to the person who litters all around Singapore (assuming that he doesn't get caught or doesn't care), the rest of us who lives on the same island will have to bear the cost of the clean up or the dirtier environment that we live in.....

The only problem with renewable energy and general pollution is that there's only that much we feel in our lifetime and it becomes a problem for our descendents.

I ain't crazy about having to adopt "green" technologies etc... and yes, I do agree that it'd be great to see more governments pushing for these, but remember, we are all individuals and our individual actions do add up. ;)

A product that will improve the lives of the people is something along the line of education. There are millions of people, children especially being deprived of even a basic education especially in undeveloped countries.

The Asus idea of having every child owing a small, light weight computer is wonderful. This Eee PC was available just about two years ago and Asus has sold millions of the Eee PC making other pc manufacturers rushing and jumping in to take a share of the market.

Now the product I think that would provide the basic learning facilities to young children who will never have a chance to go to primary school is a simple computer that can teach a young child of around 5-6 years of age like learning to pronounce the ABC and so on in their own native language other than the English language.

The second product will be another small computer that will encourage or remind the owner to love the environment and to acquire more love and concern for humanity for the sake of peace, love and prosperity among all living human beings and to discard hatred as well as organised belief systems that could result in more destruction among humankind. Anyone with better ideas?

:):thumbsup:

:thumbsup::heart::thumbsup::D

Yeah - you're right - screw the planet.

Bring on the oil, kill the rain forest. After all who cares about the future of this planet. We'll hopefully be dead and our future generation can sort out our mess. ;)

:bsmilie::bsmilie:
Dude, lets be reasonable. I merely asked two questions:

"Out of curiousity, can anybody state why we should switch to renewable (solar or wind) energy? "

"And the objective of adopting and switching to renewable (solar or wind) technology is what? "

and immediately get branded as someone who is out to "screw the planet." What, nobody can question the advocators of "green" technology anymore? Without being made to become an enemy of the planet?

What makes anyone think i wanted to "screw the planet" anyway?

For the sake of my kid's kids' kids ?

Just for the sake of comparison, IMHO, I'd compare a person who makes an effort to move to renewable energy to be like a person who keeps a rental car clean. The rest of the people would prob not care a hoot about the cleanliness of the rental since he's outta the danged car once he returns it at the end of the week.... You might say, since I paid for the rental, why not ?

Then think again to the person who litters all around Singapore (assuming that he doesn't get caught or doesn't care), the rest of us who lives on the same island will have to bear the cost of the clean up or the dirtier environment that we live in.....

The only problem with renewable energy and general pollution is that there's only that much we feel in our lifetime and it becomes a problem for our descendents.

I ain't crazy about having to adopt "green" technologies etc... and yes, I do agree that it'd be great to see more governments pushing for these, but remember, we are all individuals and our individual actions do add up. ;)

See, the mistake here is implying people who question the use of "green" technology = selfish, do no care about future generations or others, etc. Conversely, people who adopt green technology = considerate, care about future generations.

Dude, don't turn environmental or technological issues into a moral issue.

hmmm.. since we all are talking about green technologies, and about implementing into our homes....

hahaha....

do u all want to install this windmill outside your home for $2500 ?

Philippe_Starck_Democratic_Ecology_windmill_2.jpg

ok one kind reminder.. do not turn this discussion into a flaming thread or whatever on other pple's moral or whatever values..

lets keep to healthy discussion.

green technology is good thou... i always like the idea of infusing green technologies into our daily lives. apparently current technology has not made that affordable for all.

RO water is one "green technology" we have adopted.

now is about thinking of a technology, which maybe furturistic, and coming out with a product that can change our lives better.

Camera + pen writing technology is so good. its like camera + tablet kind of stuffs... really nice idea... ;)

ok one kind reminder.. do not turn this discussion into a flaming thread or whatever on other pple's moral or whatever values..

green technology is good thou... i always like the idea of infusing green technologies into our daily lives. apparently current technology has not made that affordable for all.

now is about thinking of a technology, which maybe furturistic, and coming out with a product that can change our lives better.

Camera + pen writing technology is so good. its like camera + tablet kind of stuffs... really nice idea... ;)

fighting to save earth? :cool:

$2500 for windmill to costly liao. actually water pies should be fitted with dynamo, water flow powers mini hydro generator. :light:

See, the mistake here is implying people who question the use of "green" technology = selfish, do no care about future generations or others, etc. Conversely, people who adopt green technology = considerate, care about future generations.

Dude, don't turn environmental or technological issues into a moral issue.

Hey DUDE (And mods), touchy touchy... :nono: , dont get me wrong ya, aint turning the environmental issues into a moral one. AND I aint branding you or anyone who doesnt use green tech, cos I use it only if it's convenient myself. That's why the bottom paragraph.

I'm just saying that we need to encourage each other to go the green direction more. And I do agree with your views that governments can take a good example and lead. However, most of us (Myself included) being creatures of convenience, dont always remember to be green.

Not questioning your morals ya, cos I'd be as guilty as u if I did. :think:

(Clearer now ?)

Don't leave out the context of these 2 paragraphs ya.

fighting to save earth? :cool:

$2500 for windmill to costly liao. actually water pies should be fitted with dynamo, water flow powers mini hydro generator. :light:

Heya, if I aint mistaken, the piped water is intentionally pressurised to deliver it to the tap. Putting a dynamo to power a hypdro generator will only reduce the pressure and undo the work the pump at the source was trying to do. Same goes for the pumps that work to bring the water to the water tanks in the roof of apartments....

Ha.... Let's stick to the windmill and wave generators.....

Righto. No flaming and healthy discussion. Yo Archrival, not trying to brand/flame you or watever ya.;)

Hey mod, just curious, what's RO water ? Recycled O... ?

reverse osmosis... :bsmilie::bsmilie:

pang sai water uses r.o mah...

hahahaha.... from medicinal to green tech. we are getting somewhere... hahahaha..

how about something more techy ? more like futuristic technology made for the mass market.

before apple came up with touchscreen ipods, and finger gestures for their touchpads and screen...

microsoft actually had something up their sleeves a long time ago.

http://www.microsoft.com/surface/index.html

take a look at this. real cool huh ? :cool:

Ah, Reverse Osmosis..... turns seawater into potable water too, but somehow, we prefer pang sai water........ :sweat: :bsmilie::bsmilie:

Heya, if I aint mistaken, the piped water is intentionally pressurised to deliver it to the tap. Putting a dynamo to power a hypdro generator will only reduce the pressure and undo the work the pump at the source was trying to do. Same goes for the pumps that work to bring the water to the water tanks in the roof of apartments....

Ha.... Let's stick to the windmill and wave generators.....

a dynamo can slow the flow rate that bad meh? :dunno:

how about portable gadgets that is powered by the wearer's movement? like currently available kinetic watches? ;p

my under $150 Seiko does just that. cool eh? ;p

a dynamo can slow the flow rate that bad meh? :dunno:

how about portable gadgets that is powered by the wearer's movement? like currently available kinetic watches? ;p

my under $150 Seiko does just that. cool eh? ;p

Yeah :thumbsup: Seiko's Kinetic is one nice tech. So's citizen's Eco-Drive.... However, I still prefer the old automatic mechanical watches.... but they're a biatch to maintain tho.... :sweatsm:

Status
Not open for further replies.