Glamour & Nude Course(starts on 15 FEb 2005)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Steven Yee said:
As per the instructor for Fashion course, the course fees does not include model fees. The fees will be discussed among the students with the instructor during the class.

We are transparent with the cost, and there is no hidden cost.

In a way, it depends on how you define hidden costs. Obviously things like transport and makan are not considered hidden costs and they are not part of the fees. There is no end to the definition of hidden cost. And of course, the course fees does not include film and processing. We are keeping the course fee low so that it is affordable. Some students have cars or bikes, and usually we have car pooling. 2 cars are enough to fetch the whole class.

I see ...... then there is no such thing in the world as a hidden cost based on your definition ....... Cost that is not reflected but is mandatory to go through the course is not classified as hidden cost, but classified as transparant cost ..... Now that is a pretty new concept......

Steven Yee said:
Hi everyone.

No more speculations. I am here to clear the air.

i am indeed surprised that the thread blew a bit out of proportions and there are so many speculations.

Just to clarify, the course consists of 3 lessons, a total of 6 hours.

The first lesson ( 2hours) is on theory. There is no shoot during the first lesson.

The second lesson (3 hours) consists of a studio shoot (indoor of course) of a model. This sessions is also a crash course on studio lighting, just to get started.

We wrap up with a photo critique session and participants shall appreciate image editing. This may last beyond 1 hour.

Shooting nude in the outdoor in Singapore is illegal, for your information. The first lesson is critical as it equip you with relevant info to be a responsible photographer, in a way, to protect yourself as well as the model's interest.

I don't know about your last statement ...... I think it is legal as long as enough security procedure are enforced and a permit given by the police. Now, may a lawyer comment on this.

I seems to read in the Newpaper regarding the legal aspect on it somewhere last year where there is even a picture with photographers taking nude picture, of course the vital part of the model is masked....... Now if outdoor nude photography is illegal, may we suggest to the Singapore Police to get in touch with the New Paper to then get in touch with the photographers there and use the New Paper as an evidence to throw them into jail?

Steven Yee said:
Dear blurblock,

PSS is a non-profit organisation. For courses that has fees that include model fees, the participants are not required to pay for the model. Of course, if the participants would like to shoot beyond the stipulated time, the model has to be reimbursed and the participants are willing to pay for more. This is a fair game.

Certainly, other costs like "makan" and transport are not provided. It is a personal expense.

Like I said ..... Makeup cost?

Its interesting how you guys argue about the indoor-outdoor and the hidden costs. Let me crack a joke here (or try to crack a joke, if its lame :sweatsm: ) to cool down the situation.

Im suprised that no one mentioned about the model...
Cant imagine when at the 2nd day of the lesson, photographers are waiting for their model to arrive with an excitment, a stripped naked black african guy walked in saying, "Hello, photographers, I am your model today!"
(model could be male or female)

:sticktong

(p.s. wish i could join in the fun, but i am more towards landscape photography at this moment.)
(im lousy at taking photo of people.. i can make a people ugly easily.. lol)

waiaung said:
Its interesting how you guys argue about the indoor-outdoor and the hidden costs. Let me crack a joke here (or try to crack a joke, if its lame :sweatsm: ) to cool down the situation.

Im suprised that no one mentioned about the model...
Cant imagine when at the 2nd day of the lesson, photographers are waiting for their model to arrive with an excitment, a stripped naked black african guy walked in saying, "Hello, photographers, I am your model today!"
(model could be male or female)

:sticktong

(p.s. wish i could join in the fun, but i am more towards landscape photography at this moment.)

Actually, if that is the case, it is perfectly alright. Artistic Nude does not discrimmate the model. You can have a 80 year old strip naked, just take it with absolute black background, low powered side lighting to protray the "Youth is leaving" look ;D.... oh.... in black and white film too ......

any takers?

Confirmed participants:
1) Daniel
2) Peng Siong
3)
4)
5)
6)

blurblock said:
Vince, There is no mention of any studio shoot either, should we just assume there is no studio shoot?

Anyway, it is also noted in the course content there is :

Location (indoor and outdoor)

So I guess that means there is an outdoor shoot, or else how to get a full grasps of location shoot?

I am glad they finally included Makeup fee, transport fee, model fee, and all other possible fees into the course and not becoming another Hidden Cost course ......

By the way, is John Tan an instructor at PSS? If not how would he know makeup and transportation is included?

Everyone here with me? :D

I dont think outdoor nude photography shoot is allowed unless ..tedious measures is arranged like making the appropriate application and authorisation to the respective authority....and also need to sealed up the area against..passersby..etc...bluh..bluh...long stoty...
:nono:

John said:
I dont think outdoor nude photography shoot is allowed unless ..tedious measures is arranged like making the appropriate application and authorisation to the respective authority....and also need to sealed up the area against..passersby..etc...bluh..bluh...long stoty...
:nono:
I agree with John...it is only legal for indoor shoot....outdoor shoot will be subjected to many measures.

In life, there is this thing called "give and take". If one is so calculative, it is hard to survive happily.

No offence to any of the clubsnappers, but I supposed that the purpose of the threads are supposed to be constructive and not used as a vehicle to discriminate or "attack". If you look at the TSWL thread, one can see that some of the clubsnapper in this thread also attack PSS in a similar tone.

Sometimes, I really wonder..... he claimed that he did not join PSS activities, and yet he keep discriminating its activities. I really wonder.......

Let us cool down, be rational, see for yourself, and believe in yourself. I would love to live in a gracious society.

MissDi said:
I agree with John...it is only legal for indoor shoot....outdoor shoot will be subjected to many measures.

So am I correct to say it is still legal for outdoor shoot? Just security and authorisation? I am not trying to be nip picking here, but just hope you can produce your information more accurately then to leave a trail hanging behind.

MissDi said:

Guys ..to be fair..this thread's main purpose is to let photographers know about the existence and details of such courses..lets :D keep the thread short..if anyone has any queries ..pls give PSS a call for a short discussion..i think it would be better that way. :D

Steven Yee said:
In life, there is this thing called "give and take". If one is so calculative, it is hard to survive happily.

No offence to any of the clubsnappers, but I supposed that the purpose of the threads are supposed to be constructive and not used as a vehicle to discriminate or "attack". If you look at the TSWL thread, one can see that some of the clubsnapper in this thread also attack PSS in a similar tone.

Sometimes, I really wonder..... he claimed that he did not join PSS activities, and yet he keep discriminating its activities. I really wonder.......

Let us cool down, be rational, see for yourself, and believe in yourself. I would love to live in a gracious society.

I am not trying to attack you, but then you did leave a lot of doubts. I believe PSS can be an icon for Singapore photographers in the future, just like it was in the past, but then leaving a trail of unanswered questions and trying to twist and turn your words isn't really going to help much.

I only ask some simple questions so you may present your course more clearly. However, instead of answering it straight as "Yes, Make up is included, it is in the course" or "No, You have to pay another X amount of dollars for make up" or "There is no outdoor shoots" or "There is outdoor shoots", you choose to make statements such as "Oh, we do not have hidden cost, it is indoor shoots and Makan / Vehicle is not required" without answering the simple question "Is make up included" or unverified statements such as "It is illegal to do outdoor shoots in Singapore" without taking reference to last year's new paper. You also gave statements to the effect of mandatory cost that is required to complete the course but not reflected is not hidden cost.

I am not discriminating against your activities, in fact I welcome it as this is one way to promote photography to Singapore, but the fact the way you choose to present it, for example failure to mention hidden cost, which will eventually led to the good names of PSS being smear around as a place where it advertise cheap course to attract people, but filled with hidden cost.

Hey blurblock, dun u have anything else better to do than slamming others in forums?
Steven Yee and Miss Di have been patiently trying to break down the cost and explain to u and the rest already but u're obviously trying to be difficult. Cut them some slack will u? Or r u just living up to ur name (blurblock)?
U should be happy they're kindly offering such lessons for pple like u!
I'm already being very nice and refraining from calling u names in a forum...

Guys ..to be fair..this thread's main purpose is to let photographers know about the existence and details of such courses..lets keep the thread short..if anyone has any queries ..pls give PSS a call for a short discussion..i think it would be better that way.

Rinoa said:
Hey blurblock, dun u have anything else better to do than slamming others in forums?
Steven Yee and Miss Di have been patiently trying to break down the cost and explain to u and the rest already but u're obviously trying to be difficult. Cut them some slack will u? Or r u just living up to ur name (blurblock)?

Thank you very much for not calling me names.

Fine. I always believe in transparency.

Participant pay $200 for the workshop, which includes:

Lesson 1 (2 hours) on theory
Lesson 2 (3 hours) which includes a crash course in studio setup and model shoot
Lesson 3 (1 hour plus plus) on photo critique and image editing.

Course fees include:
(1) course notes
(2) model fee which include light makeup, studio usage for lesson
(3) only indoor studio shoot in lesson 2

During the course, participants only pay $200. If they are keen to purchase more sophisticated accessories (such as wireless transmitter for flash) or extra CF cards or Adobe Photoshop, it is up to individual.

Nonetheless, what made me curious is we have some clubsnappers who claim they have never attended courses at PSS but claimed that there are hidden costs. And you hardly see them queried other schools on such questions!!!

It leaves us to wonder.

We always believe in results and support. Most who have attended the courses at PSS, can vouch to the fact that they make a wise choice in participating in PSS courses.

We do not fish for you. We teach you how to fish.

all the best for your workshop! :) this should be very helpful for portfolio sake esp since there will be a model plus guidance.

Rinoa said:

Sorry Mr Steven Yee but OT here but.....

Really seriously Rinoa, you are just using another nick to hit on blurblock. We in CS notice that you actually send him a PM few days ago.

I am surprise that you are out from your hiding. After firing photographers in CS, now you are asking some other people to stop it. You are a very contradicting species....just not sure whether you are a male or a female homo sapien.

http://forums.clubsnap.org/showthread.php?t=106565

Some how you sound very arrogant yourself. You sound a little like the person who call himself a guru in the model industry.

Now the real thing.....
Well for those who are interested PSS courses, they have been in Singapore for sometime. It's always good to join various courses in PSS and other places that offer courses. A good photographer always learn new things in new places.

I do not know why when it comes to the word or the topic about Nude Photography, there is always the case or plenty of people will be asking this and that. And it always causes some hoo haa.

Guys n not forgetting girls, if you are interested in this course just go down to PSS and ask them more about it to satisfy your questions. Internet is sometimes very difficult to ask all the question that you want to ask. If you feel shy, then PM them.

I for one am not related to PSS at all or PSS is paying any monetary to me. I am a photographer myself who just want to share some pointers to newbies.

Just my 2 cents worth of comments....

Godzilla Invades said:
Guys n not forgetting girls, if you are interested in this course just go down to PSS and ask them more about it to satisfy your questions. Internet is sometimes very difficult to ask all the question that you want to ask. If you feel shy, then PM them.
Godzilla Invades has summed up the situation quite well. With all due respect to Steven, PSS has a physical HQ at Selegie Arts Centre. For those who are genuinely interested in the course, further details are just a phone call away.

This thread has deteriorated enough, and I do not see any purpose in keeping it around without more OT remarks being made. It is herely closed - for those who wish to find out more, visit PSS's website @ http://www.pss1950.org/

The Moderator
ClubSNAP

Status
Not open for further replies.