Giant Stingray @ Bedok Jetty

Status
Not open for further replies.

jym

Nov 8, 2003
Yew Tee
jymster.org
Saw a crowd at the jetty and saw this bloody mess..

stingrayHalfed.jpg

Boy. This picture will either make you want to go to Newton sometime soon, OR, much like me...you'll swear off bbq stingray for quite a while now. :sweat: Thanks for sharing. :confused:

haha... this huge ray could feed a family or two ! But it didn't look that appetizing at that moment in time.

aowgy said:
Cruel.........
life is cruel,
much of the food we eat are processed,
while not knowing the process behind the processed food.

Foveon said:
Killing for food or killing for fun? :think:
apparently, it's for food. Overheard the man in tattoo selling it. Futhermore, notice the back facing man (foreground) in blue with a scale in his right hand.

This is what sport fishing is all about. :thumbsup: This leopard stingray (70Kg) is perhaps one of the biggest catches ever at Bedok Jetty and is the crowning glory of 3 hours of hard work on the fisherman's side.

And comparing this shot to the 'heartless photographer' thread is just plain absurd.

Freed said:
I suppose all those who commented "cruel" are vegetarian?

If you do eat meat, I can't believe that u said cruel.... :eek:

Even vegetarians are cruel too.
Plants give us oxygen how can they eat them? :nono:
They're so cruel... :nono:

AReality said:
Even vegetarians are cruel too.
Plants give us oxygen how can they eat them? :nono:
They're so cruel... :nono:
haha......(to fill up 10 chars) :p

Is whining abt how cruel it is , why not celebrate the productivity of such a HUGE catch in Sg waters. This is probably the heaviest fish caught onshore for years, and has been rejoyced by the local angling community, and u ignorant fools only know how to say how cruel it is?

Let me ask u ...have u seen how livestock are slaughtered? They slit their throats, run electric current thru the body, slit open the stomach while they r still alivem and u should see hear how they cry. That is cruelty...letting the animal suffer. If u think this cruel, try to imagine the pig squealing in the abbatoir, when u are eating ur fav fried bacon. Imagien it's guts flowing out of its stomach cavity while it is hung up by hooks.

In contrary, an experienced and responsible angler knows how to kill the fish immediately with a swift blow to the head.

Anyway, the person who caught this fish (the tatooed guy) struggled for 3 hours to land this beast from the sea, he DESERVES to enjoy his catch and bask in the glory and envy of everyone else on the jetty. I believe it would be the experience of his lifetime hauling up such a beauty from shore.

I feel disgusted by ignoramuses who continue eating meat or living in a meat-eating society while trying to show that they have a lot of compassion for animals who die for the sake of filling up ppls' stomaches. Nuff said.

Gui said:
Is whining abt how cruel it is , why not celebrate the productivity of such a HUGE catch in Sg waters. This is probably the heaviest fish caught onshore for years, and has been rejoyced by the local angling community, and u ignorant fools only know how to say how cruel it is?

Let me ask u ...have u seen how livestock are slaughtered? They slit their throats, run electric current thru the body, slit open the stomach while they r still alivem and u should see hear how they cry. That is cruelty...letting the animal suffer. If u think this cruel, try to imagine the pig squealing in the abbatoir, when u are eating ur fav fried bacon. Imagien it's guts flowing out of its stomach cavity while it is hung up by hooks.

In contrary, an experienced and responsible angler knows how to kill the fish immediately with a swift blow to the head.

Anyway, the person who caught this fish (the tatooed guy) struggled for 3 hours to land this beast from the sea, he DESERVES to enjoy his catch and bask in the glory and envy of everyone else on the jetty. I believe it would be the experience of his lifetime hauling up such a beauty from shore.

I feel disgusted by ignoramuses who continue eating meat or living in a meat-eating society while trying to show that they have a lot of compassion for animals who die for the sake of filling up ppls' stomaches. Nuff said.
:thumbsup:

if i were there 3 hrs earlier, i could have witness the man's effort.
It was really tough flipping the stingray over having watched 2 unsuccessful attempt by another man. It was the tattoo man who managed to flip it over for slaughter.
I can't only imagine how it was like to lift that creature off from the waters.

Then, it would have been another frame, perhaps less brutal, more of a victorious catch type of theme...

Gui said:

I supposed the stingray did not suffer when it struggled for 3 hours? mmm.. a bit contradictory mah... :)

Status
Not open for further replies.