Ghost pictures

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think an IR filter is the best option. A dedicated Hoya super multi-coated ghost filter will definitely yield more clearly defined subjects, but because it only shows EM radiation from supernatural elements, it is very difficult to get good composition because you will not be able to capture the subject's surroundings and therefore add context to your scene.

Don't forget also that the LCD preview function of digital cameras is almost certainly a must for these types of photo shoots, because you will not be able to see your subject with an optical viewfinder due to their rather frustrating invisible nature. This was a serious technical obstacle in ghost photography before the widespread advent of digital cameras, which is why ghost photographs from the film-only era are very rare.

Hope this helps. ;)

Try to look at the remote control of the TV .....using your digital camera LCD.....press some buttons on the remote controller & you can see the infra red of the remote controller.....

Ghostly enough????

;)

I would say, use the smallest 'camera', your eye when you are out in a shooting trip @ chua chu kang cemetary. Camera will only be the next step if you can 'see' them ;)

Originally posted by Violett
I would say, use the smallest 'camera', your eye when you are out in a shooting trip @ chua chu kang cemetary. Camera will only be the next step if you can 'see' them ;)

but most supernatural images are taken without the person actually seeing the ghost, more of like a coincidental shot. I believe there are some things our eyes can't see as compared to other forms of visual medium. For me, if I ever see one, I don't think I'd have the nerves and guts to whip out my camera and shoot...:D

midnight.... how you know so much..... u tried before issit??
:eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.