GETTING CLIENT REFERRALS

sf_kang

Nov 3, 2004
Singapore
Here is an opportunity for professional photographers who wish to receive a regular flow of client referrals.
You are invited to join a group of like-minded business owners who meet weekly over breakfast, but with a purpose - TO PASS BUSINESS REFERRALS TO EACH OTHER.

You are invited to join us every Wed morning 0730h at the BamBu Cafe, One Raffles Place, #B01-1E/F.
Do remember to bring plenty of business cards along.

If you wish to confirm your attendance or would like to have more information, please feel free to contact me at freddiekang@gmail.com or give me a call at 96314363.

We are specifically looking for PHOTOGRAPHERS, EVENT MANAGERS, ADVERTISING AGENTS. ALSO LAWYERS, ACCOUNTANTS.

We look forward to fruitful networking with you.

Remember - A SHORT RECOMMENDATION FROM SOMEONE IS BETTER THAN YOU SAYING 1000 THINGS ABOUT YOURSELF!

See you soon.

Best regards,
Freddie Kang

Is this a program of BNI?

What is BNI?

Yup...
BNI means Business Network International...
There's a annual subscription fee of a few hundred dollars to join...

Ok, taking the google advise, I googled and wikipedia says:

Financial Structure

• Members pay a one-off joining fee, an annual membership fee, and a weekly meeting fee to cover room hire and refreshments.
[h=2]Statistics[/h]
  • Number of Chapters: over 6,866 (as of 2011)[SUP][citation needed][/SUP]
  • Number of Members: 139,971[SUP][citation needed][/SUP]
  • Total annual value of Referrals: $2.8 billion (U.S.) (2011)[SUP][5][/SUP]

Last edited:
If it is BNI, I been to one before as a videographer friend was a part of the network.

Went in as a guest but did not join because my source of referrals were more through regular clientele. Anyway, the BNI or similar network operates in small groups, probably known as chapter (or something as such). Each chapter is formed with a certain business synergy or theme in mind but comprising members of different background but directly related to the theme. It is not restricted to any trade. In this case here, it is more media or creative trade per say where photographers, videographers, makeup artist, solicitors, agency, etc can come together. The preference is for some diverse (but trade related) roles from different individuals so that all can get referrals in the network instead of one that comprised mainly of just photographers.

I can't say if the network is beneficial or not but there are definitely referrals going around the ground. After awhile, members are encouraged to form new chapters so that the network can grow and rope in new members.

In the end it is all about business via networking. The difference is this is more organized and has a well-thought out business structure.