Getting caught for photography, by Police

Status
Not open for further replies.
wow thats just sad dude.

I wonder if the whole group would be stopped at the bridge for the fireworks.

that'd be funny. no wait. its not.

jywong said:
2) i also want to take sunset at second link.so before i reach there,i see a company very
nice(is very interesting me),so i stop and fine some angle to shoot,just 5 shoot
only,police come and bring me to police station..ask and record and must find proof to
identify me,after that go my home to check... total around 4 hours the process.:angel:
(i am a good guy,dont lock-up me:dunno: )

What ???

That is just so absurd !!!

I once stopped by the army at Sembawang Park! :sweat:

I was shooting portraits there and they requested to browse my CF card. I believe if I wasn't shooting with dSLR, my film would have taken away by them for security reasons.

They are real army with heavy weapons. Total five of them! They write down my models' and my NRIC detials...

I mean shooting in a public park and kena such thing. Understand that, there's a camp just next to the park... But still .... no mood to shoot after that.

sumball said:
I once stopped by the army at Sembawang Park! :sweat:

!!!

:what:

They too much liao...

Btw, which direction you shooting? Cos there's a naval base, port and US Army personnel bungalows there. :think: If you not shooting anywhere near the areas, then it's sad.

ya... and just beside sembawang is PSA, which the army is doing protection over there... 5 army guys? normally is only 3 army and 2 police in their patrol vehicle.
alot of americans staying over the area, so maybe they highten their security?
terrorist might use subjects as a diversion to let people think they are doing something else, maybe? :think:

There were at least 60 - 70 shooters on the Esplanade bridge yesterday and none of the police nor security did stop us....

Again, I reiterate my advice that you should ask them for their Rank, Name and NRIC as well. Also, ask them which authority grants them (ie the Army, not the Police) their jurisdiction to ask for NRIC outside their army camp.

sumball said:
I was shooting portraits there and they requested to browse my CF card. I believe if I wasn't shooting with dSLR, my film would have taken away by them for security reasons.

They are real army with heavy weapons. Total five of them! They write down my models' and my NRIC detials...

I mean shooting in a public park and kena such thing. Understand that, there's a camp just next to the park... But still .... no mood to shoot after that.

sumball said:

I just pass them the CF card to let them browse.... give them all my details/phone etc.

I continue shoot they ignore me and I ignore them so far so good.

They are just doing their part to make this country safe for all of us.

BTW, ask for the warrant card not particular.

cheers

my friend told me yesterday that he saw someone being caught by a police at the mrt carrying a long bag, which is a long tripod. the police asked to take a look at what is inside the bag. :sweat:

I suppose that is okay since it is merely a check and request to see what's inside.

yokechye said:
my friend told me yesterday that he saw someone being caught by a police at the mrt carrying a long bag, which is a long tripod. the police asked to take a look at what is inside the bag. :sweat:

yokechye said:

good to know that they did this.

yokechye said:

Police scared a M16 or some fancy long gun might be inside mah.... wah....next time tripod bags muz make it in transparent cover.... if not, like my friend, dun use can cover...

To be honest... the tripod bags do look like gun bags.. hahaha

next time... we will hear someone get detained for testing his film SLR even when there is NO FILM in his camera.

hanafi said:
next time... we will hear someone get detained for testing his film SLR even when there is NO FILM in his camera.

Tat may be a lil far fatched....

lucky you guys. i cant even manage to take the camera off my bag in public places.

anyway i prefer being caught by cops than being caught by muggers, taking my equipment.

Sembawang is a sensitive area, the naval base next to it houses Americian vessels and sometimes if you peep across through the fence can catch a glimpse of it. There are also certain sensitive areas that look like normal houses etc in the area.

Hence not suprising you will get stopped. I would say now with the current situation, it is not wrong for authorities to behave the way they do. We complain only because we have not had a first hand experience with an incident. If your neighbourhood MRT station is in the morning news because an explosive device went off and you remember some dude was there taking some snap shots looking like a normal photographer just a few weeks ago, you wont complain that much. Besides all they do is to take down your particulars and not that they arrest you and charge you in court. So why so much complains?

Status
Not open for further replies.