getting accustom to FX..DOF - a double edge sword.

daredevil123 said:
I am again confused by what you are saying rain.

FX have more DOF?

Yap, any wrong?

Same distance of focus length and same aperture, pls try it up and see which one more DOF?
I mean FX and DX

But don't used crop factor of 50 = 75mm

Just a tip :
Used 35mm DX in DX body & used 50mm in the FX body for the result definitely of the FX is the winner and more detailed with more DOF.

Last edited:
Yap, any wrong?

Same distance of length and same aperture, pls shoot it up and see which one more DOF?
I mean FX and DX

But don't used crop factor of 50 = 75mm

More DoF = More Depth of Field = More is in focus = less background blur...

so you were saying FX has more DoF compared to DX?

ya. that is what i am saying. depth of field is the range where there is enough apparent sharpness to be called in focus...

so you say more DoF = more in focus = bigger range in focus...

is that what you are trying to say? that FX has more DOF?

daredevil123 said:
ya. that is what i am saying. depth of field is the range where there is enough apparent sharpness to be called in focus...

so you say more DoF = more in focus = bigger range in focus...

is that what you are trying to say? that FX has more DOF?

That's various you shots.
For me on my FX out put has more DOF than DX shot in same distance of focus length.
Mean I can see more DOF in my 36mp FX photo than my D7000 of 16mp. So I need increase more F stop of my DX and getting the same feel.

That's various you shots.
For me on my FX out put has more DOF than DX shot in same distance of focus length.
Mean I can see more DOF in my 36mp FX photo than my D7000 of 16mp. So I need increase more F stop of my DX and getting the same feel.

I think you are mislead. It has nothing to do with FX or DX,... but is due to circle of confusion.