getting a new tripod.... for easy travel


Status
Not open for further replies.

franciskc

New Member
Jan 17, 2002
560
0
0
40
Earth
#1
at least 1.5m
head must at least looks firm stable
ball head prefered.. pan type also can
brands in mind: slik, manfrotto
not more then 1.8kg
can get to low position shoots abt: 0.7m
firm legs or at least looks firm...

any recommendations?
 

Adam Goi

ClubSNAP Idol
Staff member
#2
Originally posted by franciskc
at least 1.5m
head must at least looks firm stable
ball head prefered.. pan type also can
brands in mind: slik, manfrotto
not more then 1.8kg
can get to low position shoots abt: 0.7m
firm legs or at least looks firm...

any recommendations?
Given the weight, it seems like you'll be getting a Slik-type tripod where the head is permanently attached to the tripod ;)
 

yurona

New Member
Jan 21, 2002
66
0
0
Singapore
Visit site
#3
Originally posted by franciskc
at least 1.5m
head must at least looks firm stable
ball head prefered.. pan type also can
brands in mind: slik, manfrotto
not more then 1.8kg
can get to low position shoots abt: 0.7m
firm legs or at least looks firm...

any recommendations?
Hihi ^^. din noe u into this as well.
 

erwinx

Senior Member
Jan 18, 2002
2,423
0
0
Visit site
#4
I am using the Velbon Mountain Chaser (about S$122). Surf the web for stats. I bought it because it fits nicely into my LoweAlpine Contour 35 and can also be hung on the side straps on the backpack. It has adjustable legs, built in quick release plate, and because its 4 section, its reasonably tall.

It is not perfect, but it is very light and for a travel tripod, once u have this kind of lightness, everything else is forgiven when you're climbing a hill/mountain with your camera equipment, 2 kg of water and wondering where the summit is...
 

Shadus

New Member
Jan 17, 2002
841
0
0
43
HWZ?
mylife.clubsnap.org
#6
One of the best tripod in your desciption is the Manfrotto 190. Most people who didn't get a CF tripod tends to end up using this one.
 

Bluestrike

Moderator
Staff member
Jan 17, 2002
4,784
0
0
41
There lor~
bluestrike.clubsnap.org
#8
Originally posted by franciskc
wat is CF tripods?
CarbonFibre Tripod!

I'm using a 190 with 308RC ballhead and I find the weight abit heavy compare to the Slik U8000 that I used to carry ard. But The 190 is def more stable then the Slik and can go low. abt 0.5m from the ground(est.). Anyway, The weight doesn't bother mi as much now that I'm used to it.

I take it as a form of training for Standing Board Jump. ;)
 

franciskc

New Member
Jan 17, 2002
560
0
0
40
Earth
#9
got 1 uncle wanna sell me the tripod.. looks very good.
quite lite and verli tall... can go abt 1.8m forgot wats the name
selling at $120 discounted price.. before price was abt $150
i tink its verbon
 

MadAnt

New Member
Jan 28, 2002
55
0
0
Singapore
Visit site
#11
What's your buget??

If buget is not a concern, can try carbonfibre Gitzo carbon fibre ones...
Small light and stable(?)...

For Manfrotto, the 190 should just be within your requirements..
Not too sure with a head the weight would be over 1.8kg....
( Heads can be heavy too.. )

Silk?
Not too sure... but they do have a wide range of light and cheap tripods..
They do have light and not so cheap higher end models too...

Do go and take a look at Cathay Photo and the neighbouring shops ( they do have a wide varity on display.. )

Just my opinion...
Hope you find them useful :D
 

franciskc

New Member
Jan 17, 2002
560
0
0
40
Earth
#12
thnz... so rite now my choice will be on manfrotto 190 and velbon mountain ace.
 

U

UltraSuakoo

Guest
#13
I want to ask the same thing too but I know nuts about tripods. One that could make me happy are those that could stand firm and not wobbly, quite tall, lightweight and not over $100. Anyone with websites or pictures of the tripod? Thank you.
 

Kevin

New Member
Jan 18, 2002
897
0
0
North West
Visit site
#14
Originally posted by UltraSuakoo
I want to ask the same thing too but I know nuts about tripods. One that could make me happy are those that could stand firm and not wobbly, quite tall, lightweight and not over $100. Anyone with websites or pictures of the tripod? Thank you.
Have fun!;)

http://www.slik.com/

http://www.velbon.com.au/
 

dragos

New Member
Jan 17, 2002
1,362
0
0
41
Apex Circle
www.adamteo.net
#15
Originally posted by Bluestrike


CarbonFibre Tripod!

I'm using a 190 with 308RC ballhead and I find the weight abit heavy compare to the Slik U8000 that I used to carry ard. But The 190 is def more stable then the Slik and can go low. abt 0.5m from the ground(est.). Anyway, The weight doesn't bother mi as much now that I'm used to it.

I take it as a form of training for Standing Board Jump. ;)
hahaha....at last u give up on your old tripod liao...;)
 

franciskc

New Member
Jan 17, 2002
560
0
0
40
Earth
#16
got myself a velbon chaser el-3 quite nice... but not as pro. cheap compared to manfrotto/gitzo. i would say velbon will be a cheap pro-imitation. manfrotto-medium pro and gitzo a advance-superduper pro... keekekeke
 

lufu

New Member
Jan 20, 2002
127
0
0
Visit site
#18
Mustafa sells a very cheap ones, which extents to 1.35m and only 600 gm.

$28
 

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom