Getting a Bare 6500fd without freebies.. Need some advise on things to get n where..

Status
Not open for further replies.

clarence2116

Nov 21, 2007
Hi guys, first of all, im new here.. i've been always keen on photography and i like taking photographs once in awhile.. i was obsessed with my i-mobile 902 but i lost it during a trip.. hence, im looking for a decent entry level prosumer camera and read around and found 6500.

would it be ok if someone could recommend me what to get for my 6500fd? a friend is going to get it for me at slightly cheaper price from fuji itself i think, however it will be a bare machine.
it would only come with a case though.

essentials i will need..

Rechargeable AA Batteries and Charger
xD cards
Tripod
Prolly a bigger camera bag.

It would be complete if someone could guide me with the shops i can goto, i've heard of ms color, tk photo etc..

Price range so that i wouldnt become a carrot head

Brands of stuff i should get for better quality or cheaper etc.

Thanks so much people, im really looking forward to contribute my amateur photographs soon :D

PS: Sorry for being draggy..

Hi guys, first of all, im new here.. i've been always keen on photography and i like taking photographs once in awhile.. i was obsessed with my i-mobile 902 but i lost it during a trip.. hence, im looking for a decent entry level prosumer camera and read around and found 6500.

would it be ok if someone could recommend me what to get for my 6500fd? a friend is going to get it for me at slightly cheaper price from fuji itself i think, however it will be a bare machine.
it would only come with a case though.

essentials i will need..

Rechargeable AA Batteries and Charger Maha 401 Charger - EastGear
xD cards M S Color
Tripod M S Color
Prolly a bigger camera bag. LowePro - Cathay Photo

It would be complete if someone could guide me with the shops i can goto, i've heard of ms color, tk photo etc..

Price range so that i wouldnt become a carrot head

Brands of stuff i should get for better quality or cheaper etc.

Thanks so much people, im really looking forward to contribute my amateur photographs soon :D

PS: Sorry for being draggy..

hmm thank you for the recommendations.. i've sent out emails to them.. hope i'll get their reply soon..

hmm does anyone know of the price ranges?

i see tripods like 100 and over, range is quite wide..

xD cards?

i'm actually taking this chance to see whether buying the $599 set from HV is cheaper from getting from my friend.. which i think the 599 set is cheaper, however i wished i could know the quality of the freebies though

i'm actually taking this chance to see whether buying the $599 set from HV is cheaper from getting from my friend.. which i think the 599 set is cheaper, however i wished i could know the quality of the freebies though

Maybe you want to state the package tt harvey normad is offering?
So tt we can roughly breakdown the cost of the items?
And maybe include the warranty period of HV? are u intending to get extended warranty or(cuz if i am not wrong, HV got extended warranty and its sounds good)? And your friend's set up is a warranty period of 1 year i suppose?

Probably the freebies from HV are quite "cui", which are entry lvl stuff.

And maybe u want to state your budget? and whether u are open to second hand stuff(this forum B&S offers quite good price if u know how to purchase)?

Personally I tink, rechargable any brands can use.. if cui ready, then go buy more cheap new ones for spares.. After all, I dont tink you are using the S6500 professionally right?

I do not know the price diff between your friend's set up from Fuji and HV, thus i am unable to give u a good advise.

If your using a S6500, i do not tink you will need a well sturdy tripod. Just a okz one will do. By purchasing from your friend, you are more open to choosing your own accessories. Better bags for protection? maybe a better UV filter?

Hope this helps.

Maybe you want to state the package tt harvey normad is offering?
So tt we can roughly breakdown the cost of the items?
And maybe include the warranty period of HV? are u intending to get extended warranty or(cuz if i am not wrong, HV got extended warranty and its sounds good)? And your friend's set up is a warranty period of 1 year i suppose?

Probably the freebies from HV are quite "cui", which are entry lvl stuff.

And maybe u want to state your budget? and whether u are open to second hand stuff(this forum B&S offers quite good price if u know how to purchase)?

Personally I tink, rechargable any brands can use.. if cui ready, then go buy more cheap new ones for spares.. After all, I dont tink you are using the S6500 professionally right?

I do not know the price diff between your friend's set up from Fuji and HV, thus i am unable to give u a good advise.

If your using a S6500, i do not tink you will need a well sturdy tripod. Just a okz one will do. By purchasing from your friend, you are more open to choosing your own accessories. Better bags for protection? maybe a better UV filter?

Hope this helps.
thanks for the great advice bro, i was thinking of this option that you recommended too..

from what i know, HV is giving, a bag, tripod, 1gb xD card..

i was browsing the MO corner for a tripod but its about 120+ min? therefore im quite unsure about the pricing..

according to the price difference.. i should have around $200 for the tripod, xD card, UV filter n maybe a bag..
both cameras will come with a casing though..

i am definitely open to 2nd hand stuff..

thank you guys especially pRoLoS3r so much for the help!

u could get a hoya uv filter. around 12 bucks can get. good to protect that big piece of glass. :)
thanks for the recommendation bro.. where can i get it? ms color? or most camera shops? they come in sizes though? :)

from what i know, HV is giving, a bag, tripod, 1gb xD card..

i was browsing the MO corner for a tripod but its about 120+ min? therefore im quite unsure about the pricing..

according to the price difference.. i should have around $200 for the tripod, xD card, UV filter n maybe a bag..
both cameras will come with a casing though..

i am definitely open to 2nd hand stuff..

thank you guys especially pRoLoS3r so much for the help!

Hmm. If the price difference is $200..
Personally, I will definitely go with your friend from Fuji.

If i do a direct comparison,
1)tripod from HV probably cost <$50 (i predict about $30), if u are intending to get tt standard of tripod, you can head down to K13 at penisular plaza(2nd lvl) to get it. (quite sometime i nv been there, price should be around there)

2) As for the xd card, sim lim square activefoto http://www.hardwarezone.com.sg/priceguide/download.phpis selling $40.90 for 1GB.
I am not very sure what type of xd card HV is offering but i believe is the same. Cuz i heard before that different "alphabet" (E.G, H or M) offers different speed.

3) As for bag tt HV should worth about $30?

Instead of getting from HV, maybe you can get direct from FUji through ur friend. And get a more sturdy tripod or save up the $$, XD card u can get from activefoto and maybe get a crumpler or lowepro bag to go with your cam.
Probably can be even <$200

The tripod, i dont tink you no need to get a so sturdy one, after all the S6500 is <1kg. But its up to u whether u want to get a better one.

Pls dont get any wrong idea tt i am promoting shops, I am just helping a person who does not really know about this field.

Hmm. If the price difference is $200..
Personally, I will definitely go with your friend from Fuji.

If i do a direct comparison,
1)tripod from HV probably cost <$50 (i predict about $30), if u are intending to get tt standard of tripod, you can head down to K13 at penisular plaza(2nd lvl) to get it. (quite sometime i nv been there, price should be around there)

2) As for the xd card, sim lim square activefoto http://www.hardwarezone.com.sg/priceguide/download.phpis selling $40.90 for 1GB.
I am not very sure what type of xd card HV is offering but i believe is the same. Cuz i heard before that different "alphabet" (E.G, H or M) offers different speed.

3) As for bag tt HV should worth about $30?

Instead of getting from HV, maybe you can get direct from FUji through ur friend. And get a more sturdy tripod or save up the $$, XD card u can get from activefoto and maybe get a crumpler or lowepro bag to go with your cam.
Probably can be even <$200

The tripod, i dont tink you no need to get a so sturdy one, after all the S6500 is <1kg. But its up to u whether u want to get a better one.

Pls dont get any wrong idea tt i am promoting shops, I am just helping a person who does not really know about this field.
thanks bro, you've been a great help!

guess i'll hold out till next week's sitex, and see what i can find.. i'll get equips lower than that price if i spot any..

btw.. is the UV filter hard to install? or they come with instructions? with instructions i should be ok.. anything else i can/should look out for?

a camera bag from crumpler is usually worth around 100+.. any cheaper alternatives? how much is lowepro about? any shops i can get them from?

dont worry bro, i dont get the wrong idea, you're trying ur best to help. really appreciate it. :)

guess i'll hold out till next week's sitex, and see what i can find.. i'll get equips lower than that price if i spot any..

btw.. is the UV filter hard to install? or they come with instructions? with instructions i should be ok.. anything else i can/should look out for?

a camera bag from crumpler is usually worth around 100+.. any cheaper alternatives? how much is lowepro about? any shops i can get them from?

dont worry bro, i dont get the wrong idea, you're trying ur best to help. really appreciate it. :)

For the xDcard and battery charger with batteries, Your right about holding up till sitex comes or after it. You will probably find better deals.

As for the lowepro bags, you can get them at Cathay photo in penisular plaza. u can refer to this thread for a rough price guage http://forums.clubsnap.com/showthread.php?t=150613&page=16. For the size, u can go lowepro website to view. Second hand price at B&S also quite competitive.

UV filter, is a screw in thread. So i tink u wont have problem, unless u tell me u cant screw :sweat:.
For the UV filter, there are several shops(E.g. Cathay), with different brands and various coating, tink for the S6500. Just simple coating UV 58mm will do. For the UV filter, you can refer to http://forums.clubsnap.com/showthread.php?t=263716 for rough price guage.

Hope this helps.

For the xDcard and battery charger with batteries, Your right about holding up till sitex comes or after it. You will probably find better deals.

As for the lowepro bags, you can get them at Cathay photo in penisular plaza. u can refer to this thread for a rough price guage http://forums.clubsnap.com/showthread.php?t=150613&page=16. For the size, u can go lowepro website to view. Second hand price at B&S also quite competitive.

UV filter, is a screw in thread. So i tink u wont have problem, unless u tell me u cant screw :sweat:.
For the UV filter, there are several shops(E.g. Cathay), with different brands and various coating, tink for the S6500. Just simple coating UV 58mm will do. For the UV filter, you can refer to http://forums.clubsnap.com/showthread.php?t=263716 for rough price guage.

Hope this helps.
thanks so much buddy, i got my UV filter last week.. any other filters to recommend?
i intend to get, CPL, GND, NDx4 .. not sure if theres anymore thats good to have. also are color filters expensive?

im looking around for a tripod.. got a quote from cp: SLIK SDV 10: about 35 dollars.

but i couldnt find any specs of it online..

anything else to recommend? want a tripod thats lightweight enough as i do not have a own transport.

have a joyous monday. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.