Gentle Monkey

biskandar

May 11, 2010
Singapore
www.about.me
1. in what area is critique to be sought?
Composition and Sharpness

2. what one hopes to achieve with the piece of work?
Primate photography

3. under what circumstance is the picture taken? (physical conditions/emotions)
Singapore Zoo , Overcast Weather , This monkey is not afraid with human , he always want see the human interaction surround him .

4. what the critique seeker personally thinks of the picture
Underexpose

5280338420_bbc9d97ccf_b.jpg

Nothing wrong with sharpness(and sharpness should be equipment based, I think you meant focusing issues?). I think the branches at the back are a bit distracting. However, I thought this was a pretty good shot! Nothing much to crtique about. I liked the eye-contact you made and the unique pose that the monkey was in. :thumbsup::)

Not a bad shot, the monkey is reasonably sharp. Perhaps you can consider some touch up - (1) cropping off those extra space on the left (up to the tree trunk) and (2) up the exposure slightly. I downloaded your pic and touch up abit. See if this is slightly better - http://gallery.clubsnap.com/data/500/medium/monkey9.jpg

Last edited:
if I am not wrong, it is probably a species of the Lemur family.

Exposure look ok. Overall seems ok. Composition, there are lots of distracting elements in the photo that is not helping the photo overall.

The crop by kwttan seems to have improve the composition. Maybe an even tighter crop and focus on the face and half body may be better.

Not a bad shot, the monkey is reasonably sharp. Perhaps you can consider some touch up - (1) cropping off those extra space on the left (up to the tree trunk) and (2) up the exposure slightly. I downloaded your pic and touch up abit. See if this is slightly better - http://gallery.clubsnap.com/data/500/medium/monkey9.jpg

i feel the original version, the eyes stands out more. ur edited composition is better though.

Thanks for all your comments , guys .

Appreciated it , got the idea about crops on the left side , give better result .