Gelatin Filters for 15mm Fisheye

Status
Not open for further replies.

spilot

May 4, 2002
Jurong West Extension
Visit site
Hi Guys & Greetings to all Seniors,

I just picked up a 15mm Fisheye lens by SIGMA, and I seek instructions, advise, and or recommendations as to how I may mount the internal filter at back end of this lens, and where can I get these sort of filter. ( ? )

According to the manual which comes with it, there appear to be a small square metal plate, with a hole at one corner, which the manual simply says for mounting the filter. That's informative indeed.

It's right at the backend of the lens's element, and it gives me the jitters thinking of bringing my grubby fingers near there.

Any pointers from anyone of you experienced shutterbugs in here will be most appreciated.

Regards,

CJ

The lens should have come with some filters supplied, if not then contact your local Sigma importer or camera store.

Gel filter holders are quite safe to deal with and don't worry they are designed to you can't damage the rear lens elements.

As for the Gels, get ready for an expensive exercise, each filter will set you back between 14 and 50 USD and you have to cut the gel sheet to fit the holder.

Hi Ian,

Thanks for the tip - looks a little like I've been smoked, or, I didn't asked.

Anyways, I only need one type of filter gel - ND - and probably need only perform the nerve wrecking procedure of mounting it once.

Err.. I found that CP sells them, and they said to bring my lens down and they'll see if they have the size for it. And price-wise, well, I need only hurt once - hopefully not too hurtful.

Much appreciate your tip - thanks.

Regards,

CJ

I dont know whether Cathay sells the whole piece of juz sell the size it cuts for you.... if need buy whole sheet, why not gather a few ppl to buy together?

I would, in the near future get some filters for the Sigma 15-30mm

Hi dar,

hmmmm..... an appealing proposal indeed.

Well sound me out when you're going to pick it up.

PM me, and we'll meet up at CP..

Regards,

CJ

Status
Not open for further replies.