Gaza aiders boarded by Isreali forces

The basic premise is wrong.
Blockade an entire population in the hope that by doing so, the few Hamas will capitulate and stop bothering Isreal.
Huh?!!!
Who thought up this policy?

What do Hamas care about Isreal making the Gaza people suffer?
They don't!

The suffering Gaza population will instead see Isreal as an unreasonable foe and embrace Hamas.

The current top guy in charge is an ex soldier. A war hero.
But that has affected his thinking.

It is not about how powerful you are.

What on earth were they trying to accomplish or prove, by blockading Gaza????!!!
rightly or wrongly, the policy, I believe, is premised on the idea that by letting the Palestinians compare between a relatively coorporative West Bank that is moving ahead economically and the Gaza Strip that is stagnating, the Palestinian people will see how Hamas is the one causing the problems... like I said, I'm not saying it's good policy or not, just saying that is probably how they might see it...

as for being an ex-soldier, how can they find someone who is not an ex-soldier when even their women serve national service?... well, some of their ultra-orthodox sect members don't have to serve NS, so turn to them for a leader?... he's not a war hero, he's brother is the war hero...

and I believe their greatest war hero was also the one who pushed hardest for peace... anyone remember Yitzhak Rabin, who was unfortunately assassinated by some ultra-orthodox crazy?...

Last edited:
Sometimes, I wonder whether the ghost of Hitler is sitting back and laughing.

A good thing to think about really: The Grand Mufti of Jerusalem was known to be a Nazi sympathizer. And like all things, I doubt he was alone in his beliefs, and people have a habit of teaching their children their bigoted beliefs.

And that aside, there's plenty of bloody on both sides of the equation, and this has long since turned into a zero sum game, where one has to be annihilated, and the other standing. Peace, I think will never come to past.

Last edited:
if we are talking about history, maybe someone can find some Canaanites and then we can talk about who owns that piece of land... both the Isrealites and Palestinians came later...

I spend the nite tracing the root of the Canaanites. It seems that we are 1 big family. So the world problem is actually family squabble. I ended up with a bigger philosophical question of Good and Evil.

I spend the nite tracing the root of the Canaanites. It seems that we are 1 big family. So the world problem is actually family squabble. I ended up with a bigger philosophical question of Good and Evil.

huh. wad qn?

There are two sides to this story. Do a search on the internet and find out who owns the boat in question and see if they have links to terrorist organisations.

Secondly, find out out of those who were killed, how many had been wanting a "martyr's" death.

Next, try and understand why the blockade (not just by Israel but Egypt also) is in place.

Lastly, try and figure out why those people want to break the blockade using the boat when there are other legitimate means to bring the aid across.

All the above is freely available on the internet.

Very true.... people usually see one side of the stories.

just FYI, the Israelis have boarded another blockade runner, only this time no struggle or bloodshed as the people on board the ship coorporated with the boarding party... the Israelis directed the ship to a designated port, inspected the cargo, and offered to send the aid onwards to Gaza...

Well, here's one alternative history of the consequences of WW II.... During the second world war, hakkas were massacred by the Japanese throughout East Asia. Even though most people considered hakkas to be chinese, hakkas did not actually have a province they could call their own in China. Hence, they were called the "guest people" and had a propensity to wander across China and beyond. As a result of their suffering under the Japanese, the hakkas demanded a homeland of their own. Unfortunately, there was no hakka province for the hakkas to return to. Hence, they migrated to the peninsula of Italy in Europe and through skilled diplomacy and millitary victories (said to have been won by divine intervention) managed to conquer the peninsula and drive out the previous inhabitants. In fact, as far as the hakkas were concerned, there was no such thing as an "Italian". After all, the previous inhabitants of the new hakka-land looked and smelled European, and they clearly belonged in othe European countries such as France or Germany. And in any case, all Europeans were uncivilised and barbarians anyway so it wouldn't make any difference where you put them so long as they were not in hakka-land.

And that pretty much is the story of creation of Israel - just substitute "jew" for "hakka" and "palestine" for "Italy".

Well, here's one alternative history of the consequences of WW II.... During the second world war, hakkas were massacred by the Japanese throughout East Asia. Even though most people considered hakkas to be chinese, hakkas did not actually have a province they could call their own in China. Hence, they were called the "guest people" and had a propensity to wander across China and beyond. As a result of their suffering under the Japanese, the hakkas demanded a homeland of their own. Unfortunately, there was no hakka province for the hakkas to return to. Hence, they migrated to the peninsula of Italy in Europe and through skilled diplomacy and millitary victories (said to have been won by divine intervention) managed to conquer the peninsula and drive out the previous inhabitants. In fact, as far as the hakkas were concerned, there was no such thing as an "Italian". After all, the previous inhabitants of the new hakka-land looked and smelled European, and they clearly belonged in othe European countries such as France or Germany. And in any case, all Europeans were uncivilised and barbarians anyway so it wouldn't make any difference where you put them so long as they were not in hakka-land.

And that pretty much is the story of creation of Israel - just substitute "jew" for "hakka" and "palestine" for "Italy".
er, are you questioning the existence of the archaeological evidence of the existence of the Kingdom of Israel?... or are you implying that the ruins of ancient Israelite cities, the mention of Israel in Roman-era records, the artifacts from archaeological digs, the Wailing Wall, etc., all those were planted?...

This was what I thought/believe, before I started a more serious study into this conflict instead of just listening to what others told me.

just FYI, the Israelis have boarded another blockade runner, only this time no struggle or bloodshed as the people on board the ship coorporated with the boarding party... the Israelis directed the ship to a designated port, inspected the cargo, and offered to send the aid onwards to Gaza...

the problem why they wanna skipthe designated port if becos only X% of the aid goes to the gaza

I watched Diego Bunuel in his "Don't tell my mum I'm in ...." series on NatGeo some time back. He had visited the Gaza border and was accompanying truckers who were delivering goods. There were trucks carrying perishable goods like eggs, fish, meat and etc. After the trucks were searched and inspected by the Israeli's, still none of the trucks were allowed to pass through. So all the perishable goods were left baking under the hot desert sun for long hours before finally being let in. Lots of eggs were broken, containers of fish were rotting, and muck was dribbling from the sides of the broken containers.

UN says Israel allows in only a quarter of the aid needed, and even then perishable goods are allowed to rot under the hot sun. So actually the amount of aid going in is less than a quarter for the survival of the Palestinians. They have searched the trucks, so why were they still not allowed in and causing the goods to spoil?

Now it seems like the strong bullying the weak. However I do agree that both sides are not faultless. Israeli's were oppressed and now have a place to call their own. The Palestinian's are going through the same thing now. Great empires rise and fall all the time. We just have to see if we live long enough to see the next change. Who will have be next empire? Pray that they will be just.

Gaza in plain language

[vid]QFK5TNcmEmg[/vid]

ha, ha, ha..."Gaza in plain language" indeed!

Does any one remember the story about the "Blind men and an elephant?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blind_men_and_an_elephant

Anyway it's a hugely complex situation in the ME...!

Consequence begets consequence...sad!

Last edited:
Just saw the modified version of the "We are the world" song that was reported on CNN today. I wonder who are those fellas (singers) in the video.

I've noticed that the most of the comments here involved defending/criticising one side or the other. Human nature as it is, it's always easy to criticise but not put forward solutions.

How about we put forward some constructive ideas- what should the Israelis be doing, in a way that will keep their own people safe, and yet also fair on the general population of Gaza?

How about we put forward some constructive ideas- what should the Israelis be doing, in a way that will keep their own people safe, and yet also fair on the general population of Gaza?

if they had found a way i don't think any country likes to just extend conflicts bullheadedly.

the problem why they wanna skipthe designated port if becos only X% of the aid goes to the gaza

don't see a need to bring out the metal poles or throw soldiers overboard though.

these are not peaceful activists.

[vid]JaiMjAULWn0[/vid]

..... i don't think any country likes to just extend conflicts bullheadedly.

I would agree in general, but IMHO there are certain political agendas, and some industries (e.g. media, arms) that would happily like to see the conflicts extended. And there lies the crux- the solutions are actually not that hard to think of, but its those powerful forces at work that prevent them from being implemented.