Gathering newbies or pro with no khaki for photograpy outing. < Click here >

Status
Not open for further replies.
gc photography said:
Dear fudgecake have you ever work late nights rushing hundreds of image to meet a deadline ? If you have been working in this trade for a year like i do, i sincerely believe you will not be asking me a question stupid question like this.

What I'm saying is if given a choice would you prefer to work with a professional photography who knows his stuff or a half past six photographer who can't make up his mind on which image to use and end up relying on you to chose instead. It just show how incompetent the photographer is, do you not agreed ? I have work with fantastic photographer who are confident with their work and are a breeze to work with. Some of these professional that i had work with started out in 1988 working for the Singapore press holding, Singapore broad casting and some are even appointed for NDP as main the main photographer. They all have something in common that is an eye for photography and they know what they wants and normally they will not give you double or even triple image to chose from.

Fudgecake may i ask if photography is a hobby to you or a profession ???

interesting.

lol.

Actually, it really depends on the workflow of the team. If the photographer is shooting non-stop, and the photos are transmitted via wireless connection to a holding area, and the job of the backend support team is to pick out the good photos according to a criteria, so as to process and send for instant printing or live projection, I do not see how it is unprofessional to do so. I have seen many excellent photography teams do this, and their work is impeccable, both in technical skills and running a business.

I am interested why you think that they are unprofessional?

Dear daredevil i have stated that I will close this thread and end of discussions. I will answer your interest before I close my case. A experience event photographer knows that when they shift from the ballroom to the main lobby the white balance might be affected. And they will adjust to avoid yellowish or colour that's incorrect to work with. When working as a team efficiency is the key. A persons **** up is another person's headache. You need to think of those who are working together with you as a team. If you cultivate a good habit and not sabotage the rest of your team mate you get respect and people will be more than happy to work with you. That's what I call a professional. I have not been mean in my reply to these question from the start but stating the facts of working in a real world. Fudgecake might be a hobbyist therefore I'm trying my best to interpret this concept to share.

daredevil123 said:
Actually, it really depends on the workflow of the team. If the photographer is shooting non-stop, and the photos are transmitted via wireless connection to a holding area, and the job of the backend support team is to pick out the good photos according to a criteria, so as to process and send for instant printing or live projection, I do not see how it is unprofessional to do so. I have seen many excellent photography teams do this, and their work is impeccable, both in technical skills and running a business.

I am interested why you think that they are unprofessional?

Yep, it just depends on how the team works. Editor chooses and edit, photographer role to shoot best photos. Each party don't go to the wrong camp and make judgement calls. At the end of the day, work done collect remuneration.

cephaschew said:
Hi Friends! I'm new to club snap & still plenty to learn about photography, would like to know more about the east end kahkis & what they are organising? Thks!!!

Hi friend, read the post properly and observe the what I wrote. Join via Facebook please.

gc photography said:
Dear fudgecake have you ever work late nights rushing hundreds of image to meet a deadline ? If you have been working in this trade for a year like i do, i sincerely believe you will not be asking me a question stupid question like this.

What I'm saying is if given a choice would you prefer to work with a professional photography who knows his stuff or a half past six photographer who can't make up his mind on which image to use and end up relying on you to chose instead. It just show how incompetent the photographer is, do you not agreed ? I have work with fantastic photographer who are confident with their work and are a breeze to work with. Some of these professional that i had work with started out in 1988 working for the Singapore press holding, Singapore broad casting and some are even appointed for NDP as main the main photographer. They all have something in common that is an eye for photography and they know what they wants and normally they will not give you double or even triple image to chose from.

Fudgecake may i ask if photography is a hobby to you or a profession ???

Now now uncle Gerald. No need to get all worked up about how I would do things and certainly no need to get rude.

It's so funny to see a grown man getting so angry when talking to a teenager :3

Photography is my hobby. I don't do it professionally. Do you?

:mad2:

Now now uncle Gerald. No need to get all worked up about how I would do things and certainly no need to get rude.

It's so funny to see a grown man getting so angry when talking to a teenager :3

Photography is my hobby. I don't do it professionally. Do you?

Hi mod, is mocking considered degratory comment? Just wish to clear the air.

Thanks to whichever mod that reply. :)

bummer... the day you start thinking your pics are great, is the day you stop learning... but my comments would be rebutted with another, so just ignore me, I'm just a random passerby :)

Last edited:
Aikiway said:
Hi mod, is mocking considered degratory comment? Just wish to clear the air.

Thanks to whichever mod that reply. :)

How is this mocking? :O

Professional or hobby, every one has their own view on this so what is with the insulting and arguing =)

popcorn time.

apparently 1 year in the business equates to a lot of experience now eh? Didn't know 1 year experience is all it takes to talk down to ppl.

popcorn time.

apparently 1 year in the business equates to a lot of experience now eh? Didn't know 1 year experience is all it takes to talk down to ppl.

Eleveninth, Canonmono, sometimes we gotta take things on a lighter note. Else we got a lot of fire everywhere to burn. Agreed?

End of the day everyone here is having photography as part of our lives, we eat and breathe photos, critics, queries, and so on.

Eleveninth, Canonmono, sometimes we gotta take things on a lighter note. Else we got a lot of fire everywhere to burn. Agreed?

End of the day everyone here is having photography as part of our lives, we eat and breathe photos, critics, queries, and so on.

I'm just eating my popcorn in kopitiam. :bsmilie:

eleveninth said:
I'm just eating my popcorn in kopitiam. :bsmilie:

Got popcorn never share?

Fudgecakes said:
Me wanz some :3

U r one of d act. Get bk on stage.

Status
Not open for further replies.