Gathering newbies or pro with no khaki for photograpy outing. < Click here >

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fudgecakes said:
Actor hungry la. Must Makan Makan then can act

No act = No money = No food.

Fudgecakes said:
Imma hobo. Begging for food. Wahaha

U will b a good subject for my street shoot then. Let me know where n when u will start begging. Tks.

Hi mod, is mocking considered degratory comment? Just wish to clear the air.

Thanks to whichever mod that reply. :)

Who is mocking who?

So far the only derogatory phrase I see is "stupid questions".

Last edited:
Dear daredevil i have stated that I will close this thread and end of discussions. I will answer your interest before I close my case. A experience event photographer knows that when they shift from the ballroom to the main lobby the white balance might be affected. And they will adjust to avoid yellowish or colour that's incorrect to work with. When working as a team efficiency is the key. A persons **** up is another person's headache. You need to think of those who are working together with you as a team. If you cultivate a good habit and not sabotage the rest of your team mate you get respect and people will be more than happy to work with you. That's what I call a professional. I have not been mean in my reply to these question from the start but stating the facts of working in a real world. Fudgecake might be a hobbyist therefore I'm trying my best to interpret this concept to share.

That is your workflow.

Others can choose to have different work flow and can still work as efficiently as a team as your team.

I know about changing white balance. But let's say in a wedding, where a couple walk in from the lobby into the dinning hall, the white balance changes, do you really have the time to set the perfect white balance? And then suddenly a spotlight comes on and shines on the couple, do you have time to switch white balance again? remember spot light have white, and yellow spotlight. The couple walks on the stage and suddely, all spot lights turn off, and the main hall ceiling lights all turn on again... you have time to change white balance? And I mean perfect white balance?

If all you do is perfecting your white balance... I really wonder what moments you were trying to capture.

Perhaps you did not understand the conditions Fudgecakes was working in. From what I read it was for Live projection or Instant Print. If their team has a person dedicated to doing photo select and basic PP. adjusting WB is only a 2s job on a calibrated screen with a slider in software. In such a team, the photographers are dedicated to capture the moments. If they are constantly looking at their camera menus and adjusting to get perfect WB, they will be missing crucial moments especially in a fast paced situation like a wedding. Even using presets like tungsten and florescent will not get you the correct WB, simply because different lights have different temperatures. All the powersaving bulbs are a lot yellower than standard tungsten, and there are florescent tubes with different temperatures as well. The only way to get it perfect is either set custom WB at every situation (which is impossible to do before at some events because some are so unpredictable), or do it in post. Remember no one is giving headache to any one, because roles are already pre-defined. The backend support person will do the WB adjustment (which takes 2s), some basic adjustment, and push the files out to live projection or print. It is a pre-defined role with set responsibilities. The photographer will concentrate of getting all the moments possible.

So, coming back to your workflow vs Fudgecakes... which do you prefer? having the photographer get WB nailed down while losing moments, or letting backend support fix WB while the photographer nail all the shots of moments? and BTW, it is not Fudgecakes' workflow. He was just hired as temp staff to perform that role. The workflow belong to the professional team that hired him.

With a year of experience as a 2nd photographer, if I am you, I will try to be a lot more humble. Because there are a lot more experienced pros watching and reading these threads than you believe. And a lot of them are a lot more experienced and/or capable than your mentors.

Last edited:
daredevil123 said:
No wonder don't have to study for exams.. loaded already.

See la uncle Zac. Everyone have the wrong impression of me Liao

daredevil123 said:
hahahaha.... what to do, it took a suspension to make you stop talking here and go study...

In my defense, I was already well prepared okay. Hahah xD do t worry. I'll update you guys when I get y results :3

And since TS has shown a desire to close this thread, and since everyone here seems to be only TCSS...

thread is closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.