Garment steamers - who uses them?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gymrat76

May 10, 2004
Am thinking of getting one to make my weekly ironing chore much easier. For those who don't know, its one of those things you see in department stores that looks like a vacuum cleaner. It gives out steam from the nozzle which you run along your clothes and 'irons-out' the wrinkles.

Does anyone use one for their home? Am curious cause I saw one going for $199 at Tangs, and if it'll cut down on ironing time and hassle, its a bargain! :) Any brands to recommend?

Thought that's why you wedded a woman? :bsmilie: She's supposed to do the chores right? Hehe.

at shoots the effect is like not long lasting leh... always see the wardrobe people re-steaming the clothes just before teh outfit needs to be used.

i think the effectiveness varies from fabric to fabric...but cool thing is u can steam anything! t shirts! jeans! wadever.. cos its simple hahaa..

espn said:
Thought that's why you wedded a woman? :bsmilie: She's supposed to do the chores right? Hehe.

The woman is the one complaining and wants to get one :bsmilie:

Anyone know how much Jiffy Steamers cost in Sg? Apparently they're the "Rolls Royce" of steamers, made in the USA :think:

Gymrat76 said:
Anyone know how much Jiffy Steamers cost in Sg? Apparently they're the "Rolls Royce" of steamers, made in the USA :think:

Buying for your beloved wife, need to think so much about cost one meh? :devil: :bsmilie:

I use the travel version... very good and convenient... carry it wherever I travel. Also good to steam iron my backdrops...

scanner said:
Buying for your beloved wife, need to think so much about cost one meh? :devil: :bsmilie:

Sure la, if I strike Grp 1 for TOTO then no need to worry about ironing la :sweat:

Gymrat76 said:
The woman is the one complaining and wants to get one :bsmilie:
:nono: Terrible woman

*espn runs far far away

:bsmilie:

how abt $198 with delivery, iSTEAMER SM-22 is the model.
same as what Tangs is selling. pm for the company details.

espn :kok: kate :sticktong

espn said:
:nono: Terrible woman

*espn runs far far away

:bsmilie:

i ever used it... its really tough and tiring for the arms if u gonna use it to steam many many pieces of clothings... and when the steam comes out, its very irritating and hot...

lil_princess said:
i ever used it... its really tough and tiring for the arms if u gonna use it to steam many many pieces of clothings... and when the steam comes out, its very irritating and hot...

On the flip side, wouldn't your arms get tired ironing the same numbers of clothings with a conventional iron? :dunno:

I heard that the vertical steamers can save lots of time compared to conventional ironing, if it can save the 2-3 hours of ironing we do every week, then I think its well worth the price! What are the pros and cons of a steamer compared to a conventional iron? Lemme list the few I know:

Pros:

1. Faster (up to 5x faster than ironing)
2. Does not damage fibers in the clothing -clothes last longer
3. Works with all kinds of fabrics

Cons:

1. Initial cost expensive
2. Need to familiarize your self before you can do it well
3. Clothes *may* be slightly damp after steaming

Any more to add? :dunno:

ortega said:
the iron makes a better subject to shoot

:thumbsup: That's the best post on this thread.:thumbsup:

good or bad also have to buy. buy already she will have to iron liao. don't buy sikali she don't iron for you.:lovegrin:

lil_princess said:
cant iron yourself meh? need a girl's help ar?

My energy use for shooting and massage for her at night ..:bsmilie: :bsmilie:

Status
Not open for further replies.