Status
Not open for further replies.

clicknick

Apr 13, 2005
Hougang
Hi,
Price difference is about $300.

Both 6x zoom with IS.

G7 has hotshoe and 10MP, both good-to-have features but not a must have I guess.

A710 is 7MP and uses 2AA batteries.

Which one will you choose? Is hot shoe and 3 more MP worth the $300?

fd is useful if you just want to point and shoot. if you just want to point and shoot, get the A710.

Which one will you choose? Is hot shoe and 3 more MP worth the $300?

Hot shoe and 3 more MP is not worth the $300.

However, the G7 has far more than that.

Read: http://www.dpreview.com/reviews/CanonG7/

see if you want the features it has, and decide based on that whether it's worth $300 to you.

---
(and if it is, consider also getting a dslr :p the entry level models, particularly the pentax k100d and the upcoming nikon D40, won't cost much more.)

--
i would choose either the dslr or the A710 (to save cash).

Wait for Powershot series to come up with DIGIC III technology next year lah ... it is more value for money. :)

G7 high iso noise not dat good. See comparison in dpreview here http://forums.dpreview.com/forums/read.asp?forum=1010&message=20968350

Fuji blow away the G7 for low noize. Why need 10mp? most ppl can manage more than enuf with 6mp. Gonna print A2 size wot? Then get DSLR not P&S like G7. IMHO the 10mp on G7 is total waste b'cuz noise so high compare to cam with smaller pixel count.

A710 also have AV, TV and manual, 1cm macro, and 2.8 - 4.8 lens, just like the G7

Maybe Digic III on G7 is better then the sensor on A710, but how is it better? More sharp+less noise?

Also, video seems better on G7. G7 have impressive video options

may I know how much is the G7???I saw Harvey sell for almost 1k. tat price I can buy a D40 liao

may I know how much is the G7???I saw Harvey sell for almost 1k. tat price I can buy a D40 liao
i see most places selling about $968

Try calling AP or MS

G7 around $860 inc GST and 512card
A710 around $560 inc GST and 512card

Try calling AP or MS

G7 around $860 inc GST and 512card
A710 around $560 inc GST and 512card
wah, drop so fast? only out for a month or two, rite?

G7 is definitely too expensive

I think the game is between A710, Ixus 850 and F30. But the Ixus 850 costs ~ $100 more than the F30 and A710 and while the F30 has better noise control over the Canon cams, only the A710 has manual mode.

So hmmmm

G7 is definitely too expensive

I think the game is between A710, Ixus 850 and F30. But the Ixus 850 costs ~ $100 more than the F30 and A710 and while the F30 has better noise control over the Canon cams, only the A710 has manual mode.

So hmmmm

A710 is 210mm 6x IS zoom

With the kind of prices we are talking about, buy the Nikon D40 when it is launched. I believe its street price should be under $1,000, probably closer to $900 considering it has a list price of US$599 in USA.

the Face detection works really well..... ;)

Wow, so wat's the difference in the pic if u turn on FD and if u don't turn on FD? Wat does FD do actually, does it just automatically adjust the aperture setting so that there is enough DOF in a group photo?

Wow, so wat's the difference in the pic if u turn on FD and if u don't turn on FD? Wat does FD do actually, does it just automatically adjust the aperture setting so that there is enough DOF in a group photo?

Incorporates the Face Detection AF and Face Priority functions, which work hand-in-hand to capture stunning photos of subjects’ faces with sharpness and right exposure easily.

- Face Detection AF: Detects as many as 9 subjects’ faces in a picture. If no faces are detected the AF system automatically switched to the conventional 9-point AiAF setting.

- Face Priority: Automatically determines the ideal exposure setting for a perfectly-exposed picture even in difficult situations where subjects are set against a backlit or dark background.

From canon webbie... ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.