G11 and S90 Arrival and Prices in SINGAPORE !!!!!

thanks Garion! i was kind of expecting S90 price to be lower considering than the LX3 which is about 690 locally; given that, in the US, the price of the LX3 is 499USD while the S90 is only 430USD. i guess pricing does not necessarily follow.

Hi all, apologies for any confusion caused, I am also talking about the S90. Fyi, I just receive an sms from MS - S90 arrived, $680, free 8GB + case. Anyone going down later? :)

$680 for S90 in MS...
$680 for S90 in TK (Just called TK, same price with same accessories..)
I might purchased in Malaysia...
Most shop selling RM1600, = SGD666 (1SGD=RM2.4). Might buy online from Shasinki (RM1495), but seems not providing case and 8GB sd card.

OT: exchange rate was down a bit so not much saving..

Last edited:
$680 for S90 in MS...
$680 for S90 in TK (Just called TK, same price with same accessories..)
I might purchased in Malaysia...
Most shop selling RM1600, = SGD666 (1SGD=RM2.4). Might buy online from Shasinki (RM1495), but seems not providing case and 8GB sd card.

OT: exchange rate was down a bit so not much saving..

Bro... unless go to Msia regularly, the $14 savings not very worthwhile to take all the trouble lah. Might as well just buy here.

hi all, new here.

anways, i just bought a S90 at john 3:16 this afternoon at $690:)
but planning to sell it away soon cos i think i want a G11 now.

I'm selling mine. Letting go at $660 with case and 8GB SD card.
Took about 20 shots.

Hi all, apologies for any confusion caused, I am also talking about the S90. Fyi, I just receive an sms from MS - S90 arrived, $680, free 8GB + case. Anyone going down later? :)
I was busy this whole evening so no time go down today....but should be going down tomorrow.

Took about 20 shots.
Hi Bro weekh,

Not meaning to be kaypoh but....Why selling away so fast? :dunno:

Bro... unless go to Msia regularly, the $14 savings not very worthwhile to take all the trouble lah. Might as well just buy here.

yes only save $14 in KL, but haven't check shops in Penang. Yes go Malaysia very regular ;)
If buy online from Shasinki (ship free to Malaysia) will save more (~$623).

Hi, I was quite interested in s90. Can anyone with this camera share some of the pictures taken in low light high iso condition?

The high ISO jpgs are really quite atrocious. Have to read the manual and see what I'm doing wrong.

Oh, you mean ISO800 and above? With f2.0 or smaller f stop?

Took about 20 shots.

Wah 20 shots and selling. Good, at this rate the price should fall very quick.

But very very surprised the price is near LX3! According to comparometer, LX3 showing more details at iso400.

I feel the problem with this cam seems to be it is sacrificing detail for low noise level even at ISO200.

IMO, compact camera (of Canon) is usually cheaper in US. And Canon always selling slightly expensive compare to other brand with similar specs...

I was busy this whole evening so no time go down today....but should be going down tomorrow.

Hi Bro weekh,

Not meaning to be kaypoh but....Why selling away so fast? :dunno:

find the IQ not good enough... will stick on to m43

Hi bro, can you post some shots for us to see? I am interested in getting 1 but now hesitant after seeing your remarks. :dunno:

Thanks. Some samples would be helpful. Is it worse than LX3 IQ? You have used both before right?

Hi bro, can you post some shots for us to see? I am interested in getting 1 but now hesitant after seeing your remarks. :dunno:
Woah bro I tot you had bought urs liao last night....anyways not sure about all these negativity floating around for this cam...its only just been launched - on paper at least the specs seem pretty good...now I'm not too sure also. :dunno:

buy from me...

I use to think since S90 and G11 sharing same sensor, the image quality should be similar..

I was thinking in that way "if look for wide angle, go for LX3; if look for more zooming, and smaller size, go for S90"... Seems not that easy...

Will post some shots and maybe do a mini-review later when I have time. The camera grows on you. I'm beginning to like it more and more now that I understand some of its limitations.

For some strange reason, the first few shots had bad jpg artifacts on "large fine" mode. After changing modes back and forth, the jpg artifacts are now much less pronounced (even in the same mode). Maybe just needed to warm up... ha ha.