FZ7 - First Impressions (Share them Here)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kel3vin said:
Hi guys,

Thanks for the response.

Basically, I now think it could be due to slow shutter speed that is causing the blur shots when hand held. Those shots fr table are ok. But hand held is mostly blur. So you guys are right.

One concern. How's that almost all shots taken indoor in P mode has shutter speed of 1/15 or longer? Does this happen to you cameras? Does that means that flash is a total must? What happen if I want to take indoor shot but no flash allowed or out of reach of flash? Higher ISO may not be a good solution.

I'll try to upload some pic when I know how to do this... : )

1/15 is still OK with handheld(provided it is not zoomed more than 3x)... i know theres some who can handheld 1/4 at 1x zoom wif OIS on. i tried it only successed for about 10% of the time. :sweat:

ExplorerZ said:
1/15 is still OK with handheld(provided it is not zoomed more than 3x)... i know theres some who can handheld 1/4 at 1x zoom wif OIS on. i tried it only successed for about 10% of the time. :sweat:

Oh... ok... so maybe me handheld not so bad afterall lah... Just check... indoor during day in P mode, what kind of shutter speed do you see on your camera?

1 thing that puzzles me is the the demo for the optical stabilizer... why should I see shakey images even when camera is stationary on the table? Does gel for me leh..

Hey... actually I find the guys and gers of Panasonic forum here really friendly!!! Hope I can learn to take good shots from you guys one day...

Cheers...!!!

3rd attempt to capture moon :)
Using only optical zoom, no digital zoom, looks sharper.
moon03.jpg

armadillo said:
3rd attempt to capture moon :)
Using only optical zoom, no digital zoom, looks sharper.
moon03.jpg

i assumed its cropped right? wonder why the ca quite strong...even mine when cropped doesnt have this..

metallilan said:
i assumed its cropped right? wonder why the ca quite strong...even mine when cropped doesnt have this..
yes, just cropped.
Setting F4.5, 1/160 sec, taken handheld. 16.5x optical zoom (using Extra zoom).
what is the ca? :think:

armadillo said:
yes, just cropped.
Setting F4.5, 1/160 sec, taken handheld. 16.5x optical zoom (using Extra zoom).
what is the ca? :think:

oOo..ic.. ca = chromatic abbaration..that purple fringe around the edge of the image..

metallilan said:
oOo..ic.. ca = chromatic abbaration..that purple fringe around the edge of the image..
Ok, thanks. I think maybe FZ7 problem, but not sure :dunno:
Or maybe still need to improve my skill :bsmilie:

chromatic abberration is not unexpected since the camera does not use ED lens.
you only see the blue fringing clearly if you have a very bright and white object against a dark background..
However, in reviews, it has been noted that CA for the FZ5/7 is quite well controlled inspite of no ED lens and it really is not too much of an issue for a point and shoot camera.

airconvent said:
chromatic abberration is not unexpected since the camera does not use ED lens.
you only see the blue fringing clearly if you have a very bright and white object against a dark background..
However, in reviews, it has been noted that CA for the FZ5/7 is quite well controlled inspite of no ED lens and it really is not too much of an issue for a point and shoot camera.

hmmm. thats weird. if i recall one of my moon pics w/crop has very minimal CA. the only ca that turns up are the ones taken with my tcon17..

as mentioned, due to the design, the CA is well controlled except under special conditions.
I suppose the control becomes tricky when you go to x12 zoom. I noticed that when I was using the WCON7, everything was dandy at 1x but when I zoomed my FZ5 to x12, the image became very soft and there was clear CA around the images....

not to worry, that little CA is nothing at 100% crop... my Tokina 12-24 got a much CA (many color summore) but the pic still looks perfectly find at 50% crop

Status
Not open for further replies.