FZ20 newbie question:HDTV resolution

Status
Not open for further replies.

merc

Oct 12, 2004
what's the HDTV resolution for? :dunno:
what photo size can i print if i set this resolution?

thanks

merc said:
what's the HDTV resolution for? :dunno:
what photo size can i print if i set this resolution?

thanks

HDTV format is 16:9 format. It's for the widescreen TV viewing. It was reported the resolution when viewed on HDTV TV is superb. Not sure how it's for print. Whether requires cropping.

LifeWorld said:
HDTV format is 16:9 format. It's for the widescreen TV viewing. It was reported the resolution when viewed on HDTV TV is superb. Not sure how it's for print. Whether requires cropping.

I will try on my HDTV tonight and post the results

Ok I've tried it on my HDTV monitor.. The funny thing is the jacks are not HDTV specific meaning you can plug it into any old TV monitor.

However the picture quality was surprisingly good even though there is no native support through HDTV specific cables.

revolushun said:
Ok I've tried it on my HDTV monitor.. The funny thing is the jacks are not HDTV specific meaning you can plug it into any old TV monitor.

However the picture quality was surprisingly good even though there is no native support through HDTV specific cables.

I think, via the camera TV out are NTSC and PAL signal only. To view in HDTV, you have to use the SD card instead. Not possible if your TV does not has SD card slot. However, the pic quality is still much better than normal.
Correct me if I am wrong. :think:

your TV HDTV OR HDTV-ready??

HDTV ready. It accepts all HDTV plugs even plugs into my pc through the VGA jack :D

Status
Not open for further replies.