FZ20 + Emoblitz 328 Setting

Status
Not open for further replies.

jaix

Jan 15, 2005
West of Singapore
abahden.smugmug.com
Hi everyone...

My coy D&D is coming up so need some advice on using the Emoblitz 328 with the FZ20. :embrass:

What kind of setting should I set the FZ20 to? Shutter priorty mode and set the shutter speed to 1/60 with the flash pointing straight ahead?

My experience with the flash so far are mostly close up stuff... so I just tape up the light sensor on the flash, set the camera to Aperture mode (F8.0) and tilt the flash till the exposure is correct... wondering if I should be adopting the same method as well?

Thanks!

i think shutter priority would be alright. cuz i whacked my fz5 to A mode with my emoblitz flash firing at full blast during an indoor event

But manual shutter of 1/100 or abit more should be alright with f/2.8. Having a bounce card or diffuser would help also.

jaix said:
Hi everyone...

My coy D&D is coming up so need some advice on using the Emoblitz 328 with the FZ20. :embrass:

What kind of setting should I set the FZ20 to? Shutter priorty mode and set the shutter speed to 1/60 with the flash pointing straight ahead?

My experience with the flash so far are mostly close up stuff... so I just tape up the light sensor on the flash, set the camera to Aperture mode (F8.0) and tilt the flash till the exposure is correct... wondering if I should be adopting the same method as well?

Thanks!

1/60 may be too slow and if pp move, it might have some motion blur.

F8 would be too small.

I concur with metallian suggestion. Start with F2.8, and play with shutter speed.

jaix said:
Thanks for the replies!

Would it be better for the flash to be pointed straight ahead or tilted?

Thanks again....

that will vary on your use. Tilt for potraits, head on if you are zooming in at a distance.

Status
Not open for further replies.